At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
Who are you:
You are motivated by saving the day and making sure every customer experience is great. You are a daily executor and a black belt in multi-tasking. You finish work everyday knowing that you made every job great by preventing cancellations, saving the Client experience and helping Taskers achieve their financial goals. You are inspired by making sure that customers who use TaskRabbit for the first time have a great experience and come back many times over. You care deeply about Tasker and Client relationships and you are ready to dig in and solve our customer’s problems day in and day out.
- Communicate extensively to customers and troubleshoot live or potential issues via phone, SMS and chat.
- Clear your job queue each and every day by interacting with each job and pushing it towards the scheduled status
- Manage high risk tasks through tracking and monitoring with the goal of reducing cancellations.
- Triage and rebook cancelled tasks
- Identify and understand local market events that may impede tasks and devise effective countermeasures to mitigate them via our communication methods.
- Conduct follow up calls for saved tasks (Tasker and Client). Proactively reach out to ensure satisfaction, reduce claims tickets, and show our customers we care deeply.
- Be an expert in the online and offline TaskRabbit experience across our dual-sided marketplace.
Requirements: Past Experience/Desired Profile:
- Excellent customer service skills: You must exhibit empathy, courtesy, kindness, and efficiency, all while saving tasks and maintaining that “air traffic controller” attitude.
- A thirst for a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Eye on the prize: Inefficiencies and innovations are accurately pointed out but you are never distracted from your core duties.
- Dependability: You are consistently on time, follow instructions, interact with every job, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Excellent writing skills: You must have a strong command of grammar, spelling and syntax.
- Communication skills: You must speak clearly, calmly and persuasively in all situations with professionalism and respect.
- Organizational skills: You must be a strong critical thinker, adept at problem-solving multiple multi-faceted scenarios at once--all while keeping your tasks in order and organized.
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.