At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to six countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
Data Science and Analytics are the lifeblood of TaskRabbit and we are scaling up the Data Science and Analytics team to provide key insights to drive our business forward.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
As a full-stack data scientist and machine learning engineer, you will own end-to-end model development starting from collecting data to building algorithms and models to deploying models in production. You will lead several Natural Language Processing (NLP) initiatives to improve task conversion rate, minimize cancellation rate as well as design new data products to improve experiences of all parties in the marketplace in TaskRabbit. You will work with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to provide insights and recommendations and to build models that would increase business outcomes, as well as to conduct experiments and measure the results.
As part of the Data Group, you will collaborate with data analysts, drawing on their technical skills and expertise. Also, you will work with data engineers to ensure that the data platform and infrastructure provides you with the data and tools you need to do your job.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Participate and guide all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirement gathering, data acquisition and preparation, hypothesis generation, ideation, coding, testing, and deployment of data science product
- Develop state-of-the-art machine learning models. Iterate to push the boundaries on what problems can be solved through data science
- Conduct open-ended data exploration to answer product questions and design experiments to enable decision making as we iterate on solutions
- Collaborate with business partners to identify opportunities for innovation
- Collaborate with data engineers to improve data preparation/cleansing/ETL pipelines
- Formulate statistical questions to address business needs
- Propose projects including business objective, data gathering and processes, approaches, algorithms, and detailed set of results and metrics
- Mentor team members to help them elevate to the next level
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- MS or above in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field
- 3+ years of industry experience in productionalizing machine learning models, such as classification, regression, and recommendation system
- Strong programming background, with extensive experience in Python
- Experience in machine learning libraries, such as Scikit-learn, MLlib, Tensorflow, and Keras
- Experience in data mining and NLP techniques applied to free form text data, such as named entity recognition, relation extraction, part of speech tagging, topic modeling
- Excellent statistical intuition and knowledge of various approaches such as causal inference, hypothesis testing, sampling
- Ability to deploy and scale ML models into a production environment with microservices
- Great communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to non-technical audiences
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Spark and Deep Learning
- Experience with AWS ecosystem
- Experience with Flask or similar web application frameworks
- Experience with data warehouses, data lakes, and ETL
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000+ Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with two other offices in Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.