At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
Machine Learning is a key element in TaskRabbit and we are scaling up the Machine Learning and Data Engineering team to provide key insights to drive our business forward.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
As a machine learning infrastructure engineer, you will own the infrastructure that supports machine learning model deployment in a mission driven environment. You will drive the vision of future infrastructure development. You will work closely with data scientists to implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms that enhance business outcomes, as well as to conduct experiments and measure the results. You will work with other engineers to ensure that our data platform and infrastructure are scalable and reliable.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Build scalable and reliable infrastructure that supports feature engineering and machine learning model deployment
- Build pipeline that supports running multiple machine learning models in parallel in production
- Build monitoring tools to understand the data quality and performance of complex system
- Collaborate with data scientists to improve existing machine learning model training and evaluation pipeline
- Collaborate with business partners to identify opportunities for innovation
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- BS or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in building high quality machine learning infrastructure and data pipeline
- Strong programming background, with extensive experience in Python
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and process
- Experience with data warehouses, data lakes, and ETL
- Experience with modern computing technologies and cloud services, such as Spark, Kafka, Docker, AirFlow, AWS Sagemaker
- Able to quickly learn new technologies
- Great communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to non-technical audiences
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.