TaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and most importantly, our team. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers of the sharing economy.
We're a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, scrappy and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
About the job
The Remote Customer Support Associate will be a part of a global team helping to ensure above and beyond “Wow” level user experiences across all regions of product interaction. You will be providing telephone, live chat and email support for our Clients, Taskers and new users of the platform. You will manage the relationship with our users and be the first point of contact when issues arise. You will have the support of the Customer Support Manager and an in-house team of Customer Support Specialists across our three offices.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), 6 month contract position with the option to extend or become a permanent employee based on performance.
We are looking for qualified candidates who can work remotely from home within the greater Austin, TX area.
- Understand the entire online and offline TaskRabbit experience from A to Z
- Handle customer issues (phone, live chat and email) efficiently as it pertains to the user’s account and/or tasks
- Handle dispute escalation in accordance to existing policies and procedures
- Walk potential members through the Tasker hiring experience
- Record and communicate bugs and feedback to the developers and the management team
- Stay informed of all site and policy changes as they occur and be able to articulate them accurately
- Hit or exceed productivity targets and required quality scores
- Previous experience working as a remote team member. Bonus points if it was with a startup!
- At least 1 year work experience in a related customer service field, retail, banking, etc. We're looking for candidates with great people skills!
- You have accessibility to a workspace that is quiet and free from intrusion and background noise
- Technical adaptability in a constantly changing and expanding work environment
- Excellent customer service skills: You must exhibit empathy, courtesy, kindness, efficiency and helpfulness.
- Excellent writing skills: You must have a strong command of grammar, spelling and syntax.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrable experience troubleshooting and documenting replication steps for technical issues and escalating to the appropriate team internally
- Interpersonal skills: Remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Communication skills: You must speak clearly, calmly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations.
- Dependability: You are consistently on shift at the scheduled times, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Schedule flexibility: This position is full-time (remote/work from home) and may include early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Works well independently: You’re able to stay focused and motivated to hit daily goals in a remote work environment
Cover Letter Requirements
Along with completing the requested question regarding an experience you've had as a customer, please include a cover letter describing why you feel you would be the best fit for this role.