At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key part of the finance team. You will be the key owner of revenue model driving forecasting and provide ad hoc analysis for the company. You will be expected to have in-depth knowledge of our business model in order to provide accurate forecasts to drive assumptions and decision making. You should have a strong analytical background with strict attention to detail. You are a highly motivated, technically proficient person with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Serve as functional business partner for Research & Development and General Administration Departments (including own monthly budget v. actual results and forecasts to provide summarized reports to budget owners) and any ad-hoc analysis
- Maintain and ensure our reporting system, Adaptive Insights, is reflective of our business
- Lead in developing daily and monthly financial performance targets
- Own maintaining and updating key dashboards on performance in Looker including having a level of understanding of key business metrics
- Partner with Accounting team to understand monthly financial P&L trends
- Develop analysis and tools to assess existing and new initiatives
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team on key analysis and reporting including board meeting materials
- 4+ years of FP&A experience, corporate finance or investment banking experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field
- Experience working in data platform, Looker highly preferred
- Experience working in budgeting & planning software required, Adaptive Insights preferred
- Strong modeling skills, an Excel wizard
- Self-starter with a scrappy mindset who can creatively solve problems
- Crisp written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated experience presenting to a savvy audience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective at juggling multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, enjoy working in teams and thrive working independently
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.