At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighbourhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbours helping neighbours. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
(Fixed Contract - 10 months Maternity cover)
The Community Operations team contributes to TaskRabbit’s success by designing and implementing programs that build strong user communities on both sides of the marketplace. We make data-driven decisions that allow us to match thousands of freelance independent contractors (“Taskers”) with “Clients” in a way that builds strong relationships and meaningful incomes.
You will represent the TaskRabbit community in the UK. You will be responsible for understanding the community of UK Taskers & Clients, the metrics relevant for that community and representing their interests to the broader TaskRabbit business.
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Community Operations in London, you will collaborate cross-functionally with the Product, Partnerships, Trust & Safety, Marketing, Partnerships, and Customer Service teams to ensure we build products and programs that help Taskers exceed Client expectations. We are growing quickly and need someone who can think creatively, act fast, and roll up their sleeves. This role is based in our London office and may require some travel (once possible).
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Be the owner of the UK Tasker community while implementing the agreed strategy on both sides of the marketplace
- Regularly engage and communicate with UK-based Taskers through online and offline channels
- Closely monitor and understand the performance of key Tasker operational metrics, Tasker sentiment, market pressures and dynamics across the UK, and translate those local trends to the head of EU Community Operations and the UK Regional Manager
- Propose and implement operational programs and engagement strategies to address areas of opportunity so Taskers can build and grow their business
- Continuously seek to improve the UK Tasker experience and analyse opportunities for product and or operational improvement relevant for the UK-based Taskers
- Bias for action, the skills and appetite to operate at a high pace in an entrepreneurial environment, and a passion for hands-on work and learning
- Strong communication skills and a desire to engage with all users of the platform
- Problem-solver with the ability to identify issues and understand the various operational levers available to resolve it
- Community management and or operational experience preferred
- Experience with data analysis, identifying and diagnosing operational areas of opportunity preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbour. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbours helping neighbours. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighbourhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbours to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbours to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organisations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.