At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to five countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
Are you passionate about helping people, providing exceptional support to customers and engaging in meaningful work? If so, come join our fast-growing and mission-driven Customer Support team. On this team, you will work in an omnichannel environment to deliver fast, high-quality support & product education to our customers in North America.
Based in our Austin office near the Domain, we are looking for customer service enthusiasts who have an undeniable love of working with people, who excel at quick-thinking, light up when solving problems, are invested in supporting our TaskRabbit community and are passionate about the sharing economy.
We’re looking for people who are excited about delivering a WOW customer experience and being part of a team environment focused on continuous learning and development.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Become an expert of the entire online and offline TaskRabbit experience across our dual-side marketplace.
- Efficiently address & solve user issues primarily via phone while maintaining & exceeding KPIs aimed at customer satisfaction, productivity, and accuracy.
- Build connections and trust with your customers, calmly and professionally handle their concerns and quickly get them a resolution.
- Be organized, accountable and responsible - keeping informed of all site and policy changes as they occur and be able to articulate them accurately and succinctly to support customers.
- Anticipates and responds with energy to new challenges, the unfamiliar and the urgent.
- Put yourself in the customer’s shoes and help identify their needs, be their advocate and ensure we are continuously improving.
- We're looking for candidates with great people skills!
- Previous work experience in a contact center environment is preferred; related customer service experience will be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills: You must exhibit empathy, courtesy, kindness, efficiency, and helpfulness.
- Tech-savvy and adaptable in navigating online tools and systems.
- We’re growing! Adaptability and a love for change and improvement in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing skills: You must have a strong command of grammar, spelling and syntax.
- Strong critical thinker and adept at problem-solving.
- Interpersonal skills: Remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Communication skills: You must speak clearly, calmly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations with professionalism and respect.
- Dependability: You are consistently on time for your scheduled shift, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Currently hiring evening and weekend shifts. This is a 40hr, full-time position.
- Must be currently located in Austin, TX! At this time, all positions will be WFH until we reopen our Austin office location in the Domain.
- Starting pay is $17/hr
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with two other offices in Austin and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.