Data Science Manager
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Role
Data and analytics are the lifeblood of TaskRabbit and we are building a Data Analytics team to provide key insights to drive our business forward.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Analytics, Data Science and Data Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
As a Data Science Manager, you will lead the data science team and work on most challenging problems across different business functions at TaskRabbit. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, to understand their problems, evaluate their requirements and provide actionable insights and recommendations. You will also assist in defining metrics, analysis, planning, execution, and building reports and summaries for various business units. You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with Marketing, Growth, Product, Operations, and Customer Support teams in order to accelerate growth, optimize performance, and scale efficiently.
As part of the Data Group, you will work with Data Engineers to ensure that the data platform and infrastructure provides you with the data and tools you need to do your job.
- Manage a team of data scientists responsible for solving real work business problems with ML, DL and NLP techniques.
- Provide hands on technical leadership as well as combine business acumen with excellent problem solving skills
- Partner with cross functional teams, develop and prioritize data science roadmaps and proactively drive projects to completion
- Ask key questions about the product and translate business problems and requirements into data questions
- Conduct experiments to improve business outcomes and answer business questions with data and advanced analytics
- Build statistical models, reports, and dashboards to support business units achieve goals
- Provide thought leadership on metrics, features and product usage
Background and Experience
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- 2+ years of experience in building and managing high performing teams responsible for developing and deploying machine learning models
- 6+ years of hands on data science and ML experience in solving real world business problems and applying machine learning in production environment
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field
- Strong ability to make sound decisions and propose practical solutions
- Comfortable interacting with all management level with strong influencing skills and relationship building skills
- Strong experience with SQL
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to decision-makers
- Excited about working with structured and unstructured large data sets
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or similar tool is a plus
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We're looking for people that have a passion for data, technology and problem solving
- You're familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you'd want to add or change!
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development training, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with two other offices in Austin, and London.