At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a house cleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to 4 countries and 50+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
In September 2017, the INGKA Group (IKEA) acquired TaskRabbit. Together with INGKA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
TaskRabbit is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Austin, TX and London, UK, and a growing remote workforce.
The VP International will report to the President and be a significant contributor to TaskRabbit’s Senior Leadership Team. The primary objective of the role is to grow our business in European markets. In addition to the overall executive leadership of the team in Europe, this person will own the Commercial functions required to successfully launch, stabilize and grow our European markets. Exceptional collaboration skills in working with TaskRabbit’s Global Functions and the larger INGKA (IKEA) organization will be key to success.
- Key member of the Senior Leadership Team supporting the development of company strategy and shared accountability for overall company success.
- Develop our International go-to-market and growth strategy and budget, as well as the organizational structures and systems to align the team and effectively execute the strategy. Responsible for achieving volume, revenue and profitability targets per country
- Build a robust, high integrity marketplace in each market that advances our mission to make everyday life easier for everyday people. Acquire and engage thriving communities of Taskers and Clients. And lead the team to localize communication, category, pricing, and operations strategies.
- Deeply understand government regulations and opportunities, and build relationships with local governments to influence related policies and support our communities and business
- Collaborate closely with leaders both internally at TaskRabbit and at IKEA to identify new opportunities and successfully scale our business in Europe
- As the most senior team member in Europe, lead, support and inspire a growing International team of over 25+ employees including both direct and indirect reports.
- Consistently level up the organization to continuously improve and make more informed decisions; Actively share best practices with other leaders, serving as a cross-team mentor, contributing to the development of the organization as a whole.
- Lead from the front and create a culture amongst our European team of living our values and cultivating our culture.
TaskRabbit’s VP International joins an organization filled with dynamic, fast-moving, team-first players who are creative, entrepreneurial, hard-working and focused on excelling at everything they do. The ideal candidate not only represents these qualities but also inspires the entire organization to live these attributes every day.
The ideal candidate creates and thrives in a high-performance atmosphere and relishes the opportunity to fulfill our mission and scale our business around the world. S/he must be comfortable with both the creative and analytic elements of the role, as well as inspire the respect of the current and future team. As such, s/he will be an established leader with strong people management experience and the ability to support and scale a global, trusted marketplace.
- 12+ years experience as a General Manager or Executive managing European lines of business for growing consumer technology businesses; marketplace experience a huge plus.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and diplomacy in working with global stakeholders at all levels,
- Ability to maniacally focus on the details while keeping the big picture, holistic view in mind.
- Proven skills in recruiting, training, and building excellent teams and developing leaders -- you’ll immediately have a line of people who want to join your team at TaskRabbit.
- Sharp analytical, problem-solving skills matched with extraordinary people skills.
- The right balance of strategic thinking and getting things done.
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization, including with the Board and external partners.
- Serves as a role model for effective conflict resolution, effectively coaches teams through the most difficult situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.