Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, mover or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our customers can accomplish it all not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and give them control to help people when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace.
We're a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
About the Role
TaskRabbit’s International PR & Communications Manager will manage day-to-day public relations and corporate communications activities, including brand and corporate media relations, influencer programs, earned social media, and events.
You should have significant media relations experience, creating an ongoing drumbeat of coverage in all media types, including long-lead magazines, national and local print, national online news outlets, broadcast and tech media. The PR Manager will support the Communications & PR Director to develop and execute proactive and creative PR initiatives, media relations programs, speakers’ bureau activities, digital influencer programs, and new market launches. As part of the Marketing team, you also will work cross functionally with internal business partners to participate in idea generation, monthly planning and company initiatives.
- 7 - 10 years experience in PR, communications, media relations and social media, at an agency or in-house consumer technology or lifestyle brand.
- Personality and composure to work with senior executives and major media.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to determine solutions independently, think creatively, and implement rapidly.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Existing relationships with consumer and technology press.
- Ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced, flexible, employee-empowering environment.
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in PR, including media monitoring software such as Cision, market research, visual communication software products, and creative services.
- Experience working with all types of influencers, including media, bloggers, and social/digital influencers.
- Ability to proactively to develop relationships with editors, journalists, influencers, corporate partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism/PR or marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft initiative, seasonal and project PR plans.
- Manage UK and Europe inbound press inquiries, including researching and drafting quotes and responses, and setting up spokesperson interviews.
- Research and draft press releases, talking points, Q&As, fact sheets, blog posts and other written materials.
- Develop and pitch story ideas to media to support seasonal brand and product messages, campaigns and company initiatives.
- Create, develop and source materials for proactive press outreach, including digital press kits, creative mailings, photo, video, data and graphics.
- Prepare executives for media interviews, including drafting briefings and talking points.
- Manage UK/Europe inbound executive speaking requests, drafting executive briefings and looking for ways to maximize brand exposure at conferences and events.
- Develop and execute digital influencer programs and outreach, including securing partners and earned social media promotion
- Manage brand integration in sponsorships, events and movie and TV placements.
- Manage Public Relations agency in the UK (and European country PR agencies as they added)
- Monitor and maintain all media coverage, and produce results reports that demonstrate effectiveness of PR efforts and inform and inspire the internal team.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to working with a stellar team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors, TaskRabbit employees get tons of perks:
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, progressive company is yours for the taking. Game on!
- Monthly task stipend: Use the product you’re working on and outsource errands you don’t want to do
- Benefits: Great private health coverage with dental and vision benefits. a generous pension scheme, volunteering time off, a competitive parental leave policy, 25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events (we call it “Learnch”) along with mentoring opportunities and an annual learning and development stipend for your personal use
- Office: Free lunch every day with Deliveroo! A modern workspace with regular community activities, awesome off-site adventures, weekly meditation, yoga, and annual charity events.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.