At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
We're looking for a senior product designer to create highly engaging, easy to understand, and great looking designs for our web and mobile products. You will be an important member of the TaskRabbit User Experience & Design team and design products for TaskRabbit's Clients and Taskers. At TaskRabbit, you'll have the opportunity to define how users interact and use our applications within the sharing economy and be a true innovator in the services space.
This position reports to the Director of UX & Design and works closely with product designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, data analysts, and stakeholders to create designs that reflect business requirements, support user needs, add delight, and are technically feasible. Qualified candidates will be experienced product designers who can solve problems and turn ideas into elegant solutions and finished mocks, with a keen focus on user acquisition, retention, and other success metrics.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
- 5+ years of experience in a product design role (UX and visual design)
- Expert-level knowledge and speed working in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio showcasing great looking consumer-facing web & mobile applications that have shipped and that were impactful for the company
- Consistent ability to apply a brand's design system and interaction patterns
- Interaction design and prototyping skills (Framer, Principle, Marvel, Figma, etc)
- Able to conduct qualitative and quantitative research to make informed data-driven user-centric design decisions
- Has worked in an Agile development environment with engineers, data analysts, and PMs
- Strong communication skills; the ability to clearly explain your design thinking and process to anyone in the company
- Comfortable collaborating with remote teams; reaches out early and often during the design process
- Able to work through complex workflows and consider all the edge cases
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter who actively seeks ways to improve the user experience, both visually and functionally
- A positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to grow and learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Illustration and icon design skills
- Brand identity and design system experience
- Creative workshop facilitation
- Looker or analytics skills
- Multi-sided marketplace experience
- International, accessibility, partnerships design experience
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.