At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
We're looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to help lead and define the future at TaskRabbit. As one of the first product design managers, you'll have the opportunity to have real ownership, make a big impact, and help shape the vision of our Client and Tasker experiences.
In this role, you’ll manage a small team of Product Designers while working with cross-functional partners across the organization. You’ll ensure consistent and high-quality creative work, while enabling the growth and development of your team.
This role is a mix of hands-on design work and people management. If you're passionate about helping product designers grow and learn while shipping high-quality product that solves real problems for customers, we'd love to hear from you!
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
- Managing a small team of product designers for our consumer-facing marketplace products
- Meeting regularly with your team to provide feedback on design work, career goals, performance, and job satisfaction
- Balancing your time between hands-on design work and people management responsibilities
- Helping to shape the future vision of our products by leading big-picture creative facilitation and design thinking workshops
- Working to ensure a smooth product development process by collaborating with cross-functional leaders to define roadmaps and plan future resourcing
- Conducting or partnering with research to deeply understand our users and incorporate insights into design decisions
- Create strong design principles, culture, and processes in partnership with other design leaders and the Head of Design.
- Be accountable for the success of your team and the impact you and your team’s work have toward company goals
- Retain and recruit top design talent
- 5+ years of experience in a product design role (UX and visual design)
- 2+ years of design management experience
- Expert-level knowledge and speed working in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio showcasing great consumer-facing web & mobile applications that have shipped and that were impactful for the company
- Experience working in Agile development environments with engineers and PMs
- The ability to build strong relationships across teams, create a safe and inclusive environment for new ideas, and be comfortable with navigating ambiguity and change
- Strong communication skills; able to clearly explain your design decisions and process to anyone in the company
- Able to work through complex workflows and consider all the edge cases
- Interaction design and prototyping skills (Framer, Principle, Marvel, etc)
- Establishing design systems
- Looker or analytics skills
- Multi-sided marketplace experience
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.