At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the job
As Product Manager for the Client Experience you will focus on improving the core mobile app and web platform that our customers use to engage with TaskRabbit, including booking tasks and communicating with Taskers. You’ll be responsible for guiding product strategy, functional requirements, product design and more. Our ideal candidate is passionate about TaskRabbit and the sharing economy, has experience shipping impactful products, and has led teams to success ideally in a startup environment. This candidate should also be personable, collaborative and flexible, with the drive to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Drive marketplace success: lead strategy & development of a Client experience that results in loyal and engaged customers who repeatedly turn to TaskRabbit as their go-to for getting tasks done.
- Create data-driven analyses that help inform product strategy
- Work closely with our design team to create an intuitive, elegant end to end experience
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with stakeholders and the leadership team
- Own your product’s destiny and create roadmaps for the team to reflect this vision
- You’ve worked a minimum of 3 years in product management and have additional experience working in a non product role.
- You’re good at inspiring and leading teams. You take the time to really understand individuals’ interests and sources of motivation.
- You have good business sense and can see the big picture. You can see how impacting one lever in a complex marketplace affects many others. Two-sided marketplace experience a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity
- You have expertise with data analysis, and you’re able to draw insights from complex data. Experience with Looker or SQL a plus.
- You’re excellent at execution. You’ve worn Product Manager, Project Manager, and Quality Assurance hats whenever needed, even if those functions weren’t in your title.
- You have a BA/BS in any field - the important thing is you’re intellectually curious
- You can communicate effectively with engineers and designers. Computer Science background is a plus but not required.
- You have strong user empathy and intuition around usability/visual design
- Experience A/B testing at both small and large scales is a plus
- You’re comfortable operating at a fast pace in an entrepreneurial environment.
- You love open, honest, healthy communication. No time for politics.
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.