At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
The Senior Accounting Manager will be a key part of the accounting & finance team that will help build out and scale the accounting team and function as we continue to grow. You will oversee all areas of accounting including month-end close and internal/external financial reporting. You will be in charge of ensuring the timely and accurate processing of daily accounting processes as well as coordinate the month-end close process, review journal entries and account reconciliations, maintain accounting systems and develop policies & procedures. You have a deep understanding of technical accounting topics like ASC 606 and ASC 805. You are a highly motivated, technically proficient person with a strong sense of ownership, business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis and an attention to detail. You are passionate about building and mentoring a dynamic, high-functioning team.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Responsible for all accounting processes including month-end close, reviewing monthly reconciliations, formal review of work performed, financial reporting, variance analysis, invoice and expense reporting, etc.
- Build, lead and mentor the growing accounting team
- Prepare financial statements, schedules and analyses, along with supporting documentation for the year-end audit.
- Work with external tax professionals and government agencies to ensure tax filings are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with quarterly and annual income tax requests.
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums as needed as well as continue to improve on and strengthen the internal control environment.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements
- Own all accounting software and systems used to automate accounting and reporting processes
- Work with counterparts from IKEA on financial reporting and compliance, and contribute to board-level presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance
- 7+ years of progressive experience; ideally a combination of public accounting (required) and industry experience
- CPA required
- Strong understanding of GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements that includes complex revenue recognition and internal control framework development
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience reconciling high-volume transactional data
- Strong prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience implementing ERP systems a plus
- Self-starter who can creatively solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to teach and train others
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passionate and knowledgeable about marketplaces
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.