At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
At TaskRabbit, Data Science encompasses Data Science, Data Engineering, and Data Analytics.
You will be responsible for defining a compelling 2 to 3 year vision based on an acute understanding of Data Science trends and capabilities, TaskRabbit business strategy, and opportunities to leverage TaskRabbit as a member of the IKEA family. You will manage the staffing and budget in order to execute your visions and deliver team goals.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Attract, retain, develop, and manage top data science, analytics and data engineering talent
- Partner with stakeholders to understand the key levers in our business, and align the technical vision, tools, processes and people required to support business needs
- Lead your team in identifying key business insights and opportunities to leverage data science to drive optimization of our marketplace
- Translate hard technical subject matter to business stakeholders
- Expand Data Science beyond TaskRabbit and break new ground within the IKEA family
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for the team, willing to go deep where necessary
- Promote data science best practices and craftsmanship
- Champion an inclusive working environment in which cultural diversity is respected
- Live the TaskRabbit values and foster a culture of innovation and learning through thoughtful risk-taking
- You have an advanced degree in computer science or equivalent, PhD is a plus
- You have 6+ years leading teams, with a proven track record with hiring and motivating world-class talent
- You can provide credible hands-on management to data scientists, engineers, and analysts
- You can set and manage expectations and ensure your team achieves them
- You are self-motivated, results oriented, enthusiastic, creative thinker and a charismatic leader
- You can improve on existing processes, define best practices, and provide thought leadership around data science initiatives for the Data Science team
- You have extensive project management skills, including the ability to scope, deliver and and deploy predictive models in an production environment
- TaskRabbit production and data infrastructure is built in the Amazon Web Services Cloud. You should be familiar with the capabilities of AWS and have experience with key Data Science tools/services therein.
- Deep knowledge of Python-based Data Science stacks and hands-on management experience taking predictive models from concept through execution and into high-volume production use.
- Experience with Looker is a huge plus; experience with Tableau would translate quickly.
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.