At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people, and that’s why we’ve created TaskRabbit for Good. TaskRabbit for Good takes our platform to the next level by connecting neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
Do you want the fun culture, rapid growth and excitement of working at a startup, AND the opportunity to make a positive impact in local communities across the world? Join the TaskRabbit for Good team. Our goal is to leverage TaskRabbit’s technology to enable people to be better neighbors and stewards of the planet, and we are looking for ambitious engineers to help us get there.
As a TaskRabbit for Good fullstack engineer, you’ll be an integral member of TaskRabbit’s social impact team and contribute to the crucial development and direction of all existing and new TaskRabbit for Good applications. We use React.js on the frontend, and Rails on the backend. We're ideally looking for a full stack engineer but would be thrilled to hire a competent front-end engineer who has aspirations to learn Rails someday.
As a mid-level fullstack engineer we expect you to be able to code solutions of moderate complexity on your own. In addition when the more complex projects arise we expect you to collaborate with more senior engineers to learn how to approach more complex problems. TaskRabbit believes strongly in a growth mindset; we're here to learn and we're looking for other folks who have an appetite to grow their skills on the job.
Background and Experience
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- 2-3 years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Proficient with both Ruby and React
- Experience building single page applications and calling APIs from JS
- Knowledge of CSS/Sass, MySQL, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch all a plus
- Familiarity with Linux command line, automated build systems would be nice
- Excited to work with continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Like to think about how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps
- Socially Conscious. Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We care about experience, not degrees. We're looking for people that have a passion for programming and social impact.
- You have contributed to an open source software project. Show us your github account, we'd love to see what you're enjoy working on.
- You're familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you'd want to add or change!
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.