Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, mover or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our customers can accomplish it all not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace.
We're a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize everyday work.
We're looking for an associate product designer to create or improve our suite of tools for our internal Customer Support, Marketing, and IT teams. You will be an important member of the TaskRabbit User Experience & Design team and be helping our TaskRabbit employees work efficiently by creating great user experiences. At TaskRabbit, you'll have the opportunity to define how employees interact and use applications such as help desk, content management and publishing, and account management.
This position reports to the Director of UX & Design and works closely with the Internal Tools Product Manager, Internal Tools Team, and other product designers, product managers, engineers, data analysts and stakeholders to create engaging designs that reflect business requirements, support employee needs, and are technically feasible. Qualified candidates will be experienced product designers who can solve problems and turn ideas into elegant solutions and finished mocks, with a keen focus on user experience, efficiency, and engagement.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
* 2+ years of experience in a product design or user experience role
* Proficient-level knowledge and speed working in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
* A portfolio showcasing great looking web applications that have shipped
* Consistent ability to apply a brand's look and feel and interaction patterns
* Information architecture and workflow capabilities
* A great user experience process to support problem solving skills
* Ability to work in an Agile development environment and communicate your ideas to engineers and stakeholders
* A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
* Great communication skills; the ability to clearly explain design decisions and process to anyone in the company
* Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter who actively seeks ways to improve the user experience, both visually and functionally
* Attention to detail
* Interaction design and prototyping skills (InVision, Principle, Marvel, etc)
* Illustration and icon design skills
* Brand identity and style guide design experience
* Multi-sided marketplace experience
Benefits & Perks
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, progressive company is yours for the taking. Game on!
- Monthly task stipend: Use the product you’re working on and outsource errands you don’t want to do
- Medical benefits & PTO: Great health coverage with dental and vision benefits (TR pays 100% premiums and pays for One Medical membership), 12 weeks, 100% paid parental leave, pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA, 401k plan + matching, 20 PTO days/year + 13 paid holidays
- Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events (we call it “Learnch”), quarterly company-wide trainings and an annual learning and development stipend for your personal use
- Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully- stocked kitchens and a game room. Free lunch every day!
- Fun: Awesome off-site adventures, weekly meditation, yoga, annual charity events? Yes!