Tango Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to discovering novel drug targets and delivering the next generation of precision medicine for the treatment of cancer.
Using an approach that starts and ends with patients, Tango leverages the genetic principle of synthetic lethality to discover and develop therapies that take aim at critical targets in cancer.
This includes expanding the universe of precision oncology targets into novel areas such as tumor suppressor gene loss and their contribution to the ability of cancer cells to evade immune cell killing.
The Tango labs and offices are located at 201 Brookline Avenue, in the Fenway area of Boston, Massachusetts
Tango Therapeutics is seeking an innovative and enthusiastic associate scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional team responsible for early target discovery and characterization. Successful candidates will bring experience in conducting CRISPR screens to discovery novel targets and apply molecular and cell biology approaches to elucidate target protein function and mechanism of action.
- You will culture and engineer human/murine cancer cell lines and immune cells using genetic tools
- Assessment and analysis of cancer cell and/or immune cell phenotype and function by flow cytometry, ELISA, gene expression analysis, etc
- Design, execute and interpret experiments to support early target discovery and characterization, contributing to project goals and process
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data
- Develop reports, summaries, protocols, and analyses
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues
- Good understanding of, and ability to apply established principles, theories and concepts in their scientific discipline
- Work on problems with moderate scope; may solve complex problems in creative/effective ways
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biological sciences or related field
- Expertise in molecular and cell biology highly desirable
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience with early target discovery/CRISPR screen a plus
- Knowledge of oncology/immuno-oncology a plus
- Highly organized, motivated, and self-initiated, with ability to prioritize and solve challenges
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to adapt and respond to a fast-paced, dynamic environment while achieving progress with high scientific rigor and integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.