Tango Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to discovering novel drug targets and delivering the next generation of precision medicine for the treatment of cancer.
Using an approach that starts and ends with patients, Tango leverages the genetic principle of synthetic lethality to discover and develop therapies that take aim at critical targets in cancer.
This includes expanding the universe of precision oncology targets into novel areas such as tumor suppressor gene loss and their contribution to the ability of cancer cells to evade immune cell killing.
The Tango labs and offices are located at 201 Brookline Avenue, in the Fenway area of Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Director/Vice President of Corporate Communications will lead internal and external communications, including managing internal/external communications, and patient advocacy. This individual will partner with the CFO, CEO, HR and communication teams as well as our PR/IR agency in addition to closely collaborating with project leaders and project management for scientific-related communications.
- Partner with CFO and senior leadership to develop and execute a cohesive corporate communications strategy to raise external visibility of the company and our science, including key messages, corporate presentations, and Q&A materials
- Develop a scalable integrated advocacy function and strategy, including serve as the direct interface with advocacy groups, identify opportunities, gaps and needs
- Coordinate the Company’s publication efforts to ensure review and alignment on all external scientific presentations and implement a plan for the company’s presence in relevant scientific forums and congresses
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on external-facing materials and events, including medical, industry, and research meetings and presentations, to ensure consistency with the company's approved messages and alignment with our communication disclosure process
- Manage the media relations and strategy with our PR agency
- Develop and manage disease awareness and patient engagement, working closely with the clinical team
- Oversee and manage the effective internal communications plans that strengthen employee engagement and company culture, working closely with the communication and HR team
- Aid in managing our PR/IR agency partner to maximize impact and assistance in reaching desired communications goals and objectives
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
What You Bring:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications or relevant field is required
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in investor relations and communication, with much of that in a publicly traded healthcare/biotechnology company
- Proven ability to speak the language of drug discovery and development and break down complex scientific concepts for external audiences is required
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, influence, and communications skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively across all departments and levels of the organization as well as with media, patient advocacy organizations and other external constituents are required
- Proven ability to manage the details and logistics of communication initiatives with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to establish internal communication to keep employees engaged and updated with changes or events at the company using inter-department and inter-office formats
- Excellent written communication and slide preparation skills with a track record of generating clear, accurate, and compelling materials are required
- Flexibility and adaptability: demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced working environment and to work diplomatically and tactfully with others is required
- Proven capability to appropriately challenge status quo, drive and support innovation, including new ideas to streamline and enhance processes rather than solely implement current tactics is required
- An inclusive individual who thrives in a team-oriented environment
- Developed sense of judgment, risk management skills and ability to balance legal matters involving multiple stakeholders and various priorities; ability to balance regulatory obligations and reputational risks in an objective, practical way
- Meticulous attention to detail and form is required
- Strong judgment and high degree of personal ethics, integrity and accountability are required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.