An Engineer at Tango Card delivers world-class rewards and service to our customers and also supports the development of our internal teams. This role requires passion for our people, customers, business, and technology.
We expect Engineers to innovate and take risks while mitigating impact to stakeholders. We expect learning and growth to be lifelong and mentoring to be a daily practice. We want to approach challenges directly and be transparent about issues as they arise, so we can work together to overcome them.
In this role, you'll get to work with passionate, dedicated Engineers to build value into an organization that is committed to being the best in the industry. Your enterprise experience will be valuable to the team; you will support building quality, secure functionality, as you learn and grow in your craft with guidance from experienced, passionate Engineers. You'll be given opportunities to apply and refine your skills and will be expected to deliver results, contributing to the Tango Card technical community.
Reports To: Director, Customer and Recipient Experience
As a Senior Front End Engineer at Tango Card, you will:
- Contribute to the definition and modeling of Tango Card's architecture and the strategy to achieve business goals.
- Evaluate and select libraries, tools, and vendors from the market, in collaboration with other stakeholders, to meet the needs of the department and business.
- Design and document the implementation approach for initiatives, ensuring there is effective communication, collaboration, and review with other teams.
- Integrate with internal and external services, tools, and vendors to provide functionality reliably and securely.
- Implement solutions to provide best-in-class functionality to internal and external customers.
- Deliver secure, performant, scalable, resilient, observable, cloud-based systems to stakeholders in an iterative methodology.
- Measure and monitor new functionality for continuous feedback and improvement on performance.
- Mentor team members with a focus on expanding their technical breadth and depths.
- Stay curious about technology, approaches, and trends that contribute to innovating our products and services.
- Build a technical community culture in and outside Engineering to foster transparency, rapport, and support.
To be effective in our Senior Front End Engineer role, you must have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related fields and 6+ years of experience OR 8+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language
- Experience with production-worthy distributed systems development
- In-depth knowledge of CSS and experience with SASS or Less
- Expertise working with frameworks like Angular, React, Vue and/or Ember
- Expertise with responsive web implementations using something like Bootstrap, CSS Grid, or Flexbox
- Experienced with writing tests using tools such as Cypress, Jest, Karma, etc
- Comfortable working with designers utilizing Figma or similar tools
- Experience using Git professionally
- Able to engage and contribute during any aspect of the life-cycle of a project or function
- Able to make autonomous decisions with incomplete information balancing risk, mitigation, and finality
Our ideal Senior Front End Engineer Tango Card will have most of the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years experience in web-based architecture
- 5+ years experience in Engineering discipline
- 5+ years experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience launching secure, scalable, resilient services at Enterprise scale
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Strong knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with state management
- Familiarity with WebSockets
- Knowledge of GraphQL
Please note: visa sponsorship is available for this position
#Li-DNI #Li-Remote #BI-Remote
What You'll Get From Us
- Competitive compensation package (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities (401(k) is a 100% match of up to 6%)
- Home-Office grant for ensuring a great WFH environment during social-distancing measures
- Award-winning culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
- Dog-friendly offices
What We’re Up to at Tango Card
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their goals by making rewards and incentives easy to send and awesome to receive. Our customers genuinely love working with us, and it shows: We’ve made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the last five years. We’re backed by a stellar group of investors, including the private equity firm FTV (which led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
Why Work for Us
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the Best Companies to work for by Built In Seattle. We’re on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider, and we are hiring amazing people across all areas of the business to accomplish our vision.
We foster an office culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim team structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful—whether that’s the latest technology at their fingertips or empowering them to attend conferences about industry trends. We’re committed to promoting mentorship and career development opportunities for our team members. Our physical offices are designed for productivity and comfort with standing desks, comfortable pod chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. If working from home is more your thing, many roles offer the choice to establish a remote office. With a company like Tango Card that’s experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you have the chance to create, own, and grow your role.
Tango Card is proud to extend its Voluntary WA State Paid Family Medical Leave Plan to employees across all Tango Card locations.
Tango Card is an equitable and equal opportunity employer; we’re strong because we’re diverse and prioritize inclusive practices. All applicants will be recruited and considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes. We thrive in the areas of recruiting and hiring when we have a growing awareness of the challenges faced by underrepresented candidates during the application and hiring process. We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.
We at Tango Card take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment during the job application process. Please take extra caution while examining the email address of the individual you are communicating with, as scammers may misspell an official Tango Card email address or use a slightly modified version. Emails from us will come only from an official @tangocard.com email address. If you suspect a role or job ad is fraudulent, or that you are being contacted by a scammer pretending to be a representative of Tango Card, please contact us. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact your local authorities.