Tango Card is hiring two SDETs - Software Development Engineers passionate about a career in Test! These hires will play an essential role in our company mission: making rewards easy to give and fun to receive.
These SDETs will work with our growing Engineering teams to mature our testing tool sets, improve our code, improve quality reporting, and mentor our highly-skilled engineers. At this time we are hiring two team members: one Mid-Level, and one Senior.
This role spends much of their time hands-on in the code. As it’s heavily focused on programming with the full SDLC in mind, excellent programming, design, and problem-solving skills are imperative. You much have a passion for quality and coding, evident in your excellent coding skills and community participation.
Reports To: Engineering Director, SDET
As Senior SDET at Tango Card, you will:
- Create, update, add, and/or remove automated tests at all testing levels.
- Work with the assigned engineering team to build out performance tests.
- Work on building out new test automation tool sets.
- Improve our CICD pipelines by integrating a Test Reporting system so that we can measure change.
- Build out and mentor the development team with understanding contract testing, when and where to add contract tests, and how to write a good contract test.
- Lead brown bags on Quality related topics. For Example: JUnit Testing Best practices.
- Directly mentor developers working through failed tests.
- Work with developers to create/troubleshoot tests.
- Use your positive influence to lift the engineering team’s knowledge of producing quality products.
To be effective in our Senior SDET role, you will have:
- Ability to solve technical problems independently, showcasing the ability to prioritize and take initiative.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices such as code reviews, testing, version control, and build processes.
- Ability to mentor and advise on quality software practices and designs within the team.
- Skills in full-stack development with both front-end and back-end skills.
- Knowledge of the full end-to-end development life cycle of the software – from concept to deployment.
- Ability to maintain, optimize, and upgrade the software following deployment.
- Ability to analyze, write, build, and manage the deployment of a software package.
- Ability to provide technical expertise and creative solutions while maintaining alignment to the organization's objectives and customer needs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to problem solve and lead.
- Ability to collaborate in a high-growth, start-up environment with business partners throughout the company.
- Demonstrated success collaborating across geographically dispersed teams with a diverse set of technical backgrounds.
To qualify for our Senior SDET role, you'll have most of the following skills/experience:
- 5-7+ years’ experience shipping high quality web-based software.
- Experienced mentor and advocate of quality.
- Proven experience building and testing scalable software.
- A strong understanding of building test automation frameworks.
- Experience in multiple testing types, including Unit, Integration, Contract, End-To-End, UX (preferably Cypress), and Performance testing.
- Experience with OO server-side technologies including Java, Spring, Spring Boot or similar.
- Experienced with cloud-hosted software development environments (AWS, Azure, etc.).
Our ideal Senior SDET role will have most of the following skills/experience:
- BS in Computer Science OR equivalent experience
- Experience using performance testing tools like Locust.
- Have worked on large-scale web initiatives, including stress testing.
- Startup experience and/or working on projects in a SaaS/Cloud company.
Please note: visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What You'll Get From Us
- Competitive compensation package (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities (401(k) is a 100% match of up to 6%)
- Home-Office grant for ensuring a great WFH environment during social-distancing measures
- Award-winning culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
- Dog-friendly offices
What We’re Up to at Tango Card
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their goals by making rewards and incentives easy to send and awesome to receive. Our customers genuinely love working with us, and it shows: We’ve made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the last five years. We’re backed by a stellar group of investors, including the private equity firm FTV (which led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
Why Work for Us
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the Best Companies to work for by Built In Seattle. We’re on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider, and we are hiring amazing people across all areas of the business to accomplish our vision.
We foster an office culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim team structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful—whether that’s the latest technology at their fingertips or empowering them to attend conferences about industry trends. We’re committed to promoting mentorship and career development opportunities for our team members. Our physical offices are designed for productivity and comfort with standing desks, comfortable pod chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. If working from home is more your thing, many roles offer the choice to establish a remote office. With a company like Tango Card that’s experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you have the chance to create, own, and grow your role.
COVID-19 Update: To learn more about how Tango Card has adapted during these times, take a look at our blog post, How Tango Card is Changing in the Face of COVID-19, by our CEO, David Leeds.
Tango Card is proud to extend its Voluntary WA State Paid Family Medical Leave Plan to employees across all Tango Card locations.
Tango Card is an equitable and equal opportunity employer; we’re strong because we’re diverse and prioritize inclusive practices. All applicants will be recruited and considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes. We thrive in the areas of recruiting and hiring when we have a growing awareness of the challenges faced by underrepresented candidates during the application and hiring process. We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.