Are you seeking an opportunity where you get to work with fun, curious people, build innovative products, plus use your coding skills using a fresh tech stack?
Here at Tango Card, we’re proud to be well-funded, scaling and profitable. Through thoughtful innovation, our Engineering teams play an influential role in our mission to make sending rewards easy for businesses serving remote employees and customers in HR, Sales and Marketing teams!
Our Senior Data Engineer will be part of a growing and focused engineering team. Our work impacts thousands of businesses and rewards millions of people every month. You will utilize the latest technologies to deal with an ever growing data need, dealing with data both in terms of logical arrangement as well as infrastructure. We value quality work, and autonomy, and want to empower all of our technical team to get things done right.
Our Senior Data Engineers are also expected to be a valuable source of information and assistance to application developers and support staff, finding new and better solutions.
Reports To: Engineering Director, Data
As Senior Data Engineer at Tango Card, you will:
- Develop new tools and processes to handle an ever expanding data set.
- Enhance existing data systems, both in live production and in a data warehouse setting.
- Draw insights from the data, and advise other teams on how to interact with that data.
- Build automation to check data and enforce data standards to ensure correct information is being sent along the pipelines.
- Research new data technologies and judge their applicability to our data situation.
- Work alone and as part of a tight-knit team to accomplish big things.
To be effective in our Senior Data Engineer role, you must have:
- Passion and curiosity in learning new technologies
- Proven track record working in a collaborative team
- Expertise with SQL databases (ideally Postgres), and an understanding of the trade offs for various optimization levers that can be pulled for a transactional database.
- Experience with ETL and ELT style data pipelines, as well as mixing data from different sources and acquisition methods.
- Experience in cloud-based software development environments including tools and processes
Our ideal Senior Data Engineer at Tango Card will have most of the following skills and experience:
- Experience with AWS services, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Python
- Knowledge of DBT, Fivetran, Tableau
- Previous experience working in a financial technology setting
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
Please note: visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What You'll Get From Us
- Competitive compensation package (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities (401(k) is a 100% match of up to 6%)
- Home-Office grant for ensuring a great WFH environment during social-distancing measures
- Award-winning culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
- Continued education and self-growth opportunities through Udemy
- Dog-friendly offices
What We’re Up to at Tango Card
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their goals by making rewards and incentives easy to send and awesome to receive. Our customers genuinely love working with us, and it shows: We’ve made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the last five years. We’re backed by a stellar group of investors, including the private equity firm FTV (which led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
Why Work for Us
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the Best Companies to work for by Built In Seattle. We’re on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider, and we are hiring amazing people across all areas of the business to accomplish our vision.
We foster an office culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim team structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful—whether that’s the latest technology at their fingertips or empowering them to attend conferences about industry trends. We’re committed to promoting mentorship and career development opportunities for our team members. Our physical offices are designed for productivity and comfort with standing desks, comfortable pod chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. If working from home is more your thing, many roles offer the choice to establish a remote office. With a company like Tango Card that’s experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you have the chance to create, own, and grow your role.
COVID-19 Update: To learn more about how Tango Card has adapted during these times, take a look at our blog post, How Tango Card is Changing in the Face of COVID-19, by our CEO, David Leeds.
Tango Card is proud to extend its Voluntary WA State Paid Family Medical Leave Plan to employees across all Tango Card locations.
Tango Card is an equitable and equal opportunity employer; we’re strong because we’re diverse and prioritize inclusive practices. All applicants will be recruited and considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes. We thrive in the areas of recruiting and hiring when we have a growing awareness of the challenges faced by underrepresented candidates during the application and hiring process. We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.