We are currently operating Tandem on a hybrid work from home / work from office arrangement.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Software Developer to join the team.
As a software developer, you are a consummate professional, you have skill with code in multiple development languages, and solid experience in one or more problem domains. You know how to work within business constraints and you are great at problem-solving. You can be trusted to complete most of your development tasks unaided. You’re capable of implementing well-structured applications unaided.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
You’ll work within one of our cross-functional agile squads focused on building and maintaining the software systems across the bank. This could be as a member of one of our value stream teams focused on delivering products to our customers via mobile or web, or perhaps you would fit better in one of our platform teams working on our awesome back-end systems driving efficiency and automation in our business processes. We also have squads dedicated to providing solidly engineered integrations with our business partners too.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and developing software within one of our cross-functional squads
- Working within the software development life cycle, using tools like Jira for work management, Git for version control, and Confluence for documentation
- Participate in planning meetings to help senior developers and tech leads plan and estimate work
- Perform code reviews
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the team
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- You must be able to communicate fluently, both orally and in writing
- You must be able to present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You must be both willing and able to mentor interns and junior developers
- You must be collaborative and enjoy problem solving
- You must have experience of developing software in a team
- You should be experienced with agile ways of working such as Scrum, Kanban, or ShapeUp
- You will be familiar with common supporting tools for developers like Git, Jira, Confluence etc
You must have experience in at least two of the following languages:
- C# (Mandatory)
You must have experience in all of these additional languages:
- You should be familiar with agile ways of working such as Scrum, Kanban, or ShapeUp
- You will ideally be familiar with Cloud services and containerised application deployment concepts
- You should be familiar with common supporting tools for developers like Git, Jira, Confluence etc
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for code
- A desire to learn and grow
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- A positive demeanour, with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.