We are currently operating Tandem on a hybrid work from home / work from office arrangement.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £50,000-£60,000 + up to 20% bonus
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Senior Business Analyst to join the team.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Elicitation of requirements and documentation of these as user stories with appropriate acceptance criteria. Also ensure that these are fully understood (for example by Developers and Testers) and accurately reflect the business need.
- Know how to identify, analyse, manage and monitor relationships with and between stakeholders. Communicate with stakeholders at all levels clearly and regularly, clarifying mutual needs and commitments through consultation and consideration of impacts while focusing on user need.
- Use a range of techniques to model business situations. Being able to identify the most appropriate method for any given scenario.
- Know about agile methodology and applying an agile mindset to all aspects of work. Work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
- Know how to identify and use the right tools and methodologies and promote their use.
- Facilitate and lead on sessions as required. For example, requirements gathering, refinement, planning etc.
- Effectively work with and support Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Delivery Managers and Other BAs.
- Along with the Product Owner contribute to the management and prioritisation of the Product Backlog.
- Understand and strive to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the domain you are working in.
- Understanding and application of the current target operating model.
- Understand users and can identify who they are and what their needs are, based on evidence. Can translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs. Can engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users. Put users first and can manage competing priorities.
- Understand how the digital economy is changing user behaviour and the landscape. Make informed decisions based on user needs, available technology, and value for money. Know about the wider digital economy and advances in technology.
- Assist and support training where required. For example, contributing to / review of training materials where required.
- Assist with testing where required, using appropriate testing tools and techniques.
- Keeping stakeholders, line manager etc. informed on progress, issues, risks etc in a timely manner.
- Support the business operation as required. For example, with implementation and post implementation activity.
- Looking at the business processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Mentoring other Business Analysts, sharing knowledge and experience.
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Experience working with modern dev practices - e.g. automation of acceptance tests.
- Experience working with executives and directors to elicit quality requirements and cost/risk/benefit analysis of those needs.
- Someone with passion, drive and commitment to delivering high quality solutions, with an attention to detail and the ability to understand and break down complex requirements.
- Someone who is a team player and able to communicate with both technical and non technical stakeholders.
- You’ll be a great listener, who can extract business requirements, outcomes and acceptance criteria.
- You’ll be dedicated to seeing tasks through to completion. You’ll ensure that the user stories you create result in new products and services being successfully delivered to our customers.
- An excellent communicator across all areas and levels of the organisation, both verbal and written.
- Be prepared to challenge in a constructive and non-confrontational way by asking questions, for example "what about….?", "why?" etc.
- Wants to learn from others and to help and support others by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Have confidence and be persistent.
- Always have our customer at the heart of what you are doing, whether these be internal or external.
- Having the ability to adapt and to be pragmatic by finding ways of doing things in a way that work.
- Works well and plays an active role in a team. Whether that be in a BA team, a project team, or a squad.
- Wants to learn, understand and further their own knowledge
- Previous exposure to or knowledge of the Financial Services or Fintech industry, experience in a transformation environment would be particularly beneficial
- Experience working in a regulated industry or environment
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.