We are currently operating Tandem on a hybrid work from home / work from office arrangement.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £21,000-£25,000 + up to 20% bonus
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Specialist Customer Support Agent to join the team.
What you will be working on:
As a Specialist Customer Support Agent you will be responsible:
- Effectively listening and demonstrating empathy and respect to all customers to provide an outcome that is as fair and positive as it would be for a non-vulnerable customer.
- Working with Oplo/Tandem employees where there is a vulnerability need identified to support our people as well as we would all our customers.
- Identifying any gaps within policies and procedures in assisting vulnerable customers effectively.
- Ensuring detailed and accurate customer records to enable customers to not have to repeat their situations when making further contact.
- Working closely with third parties to aid in developing expertise and business understanding of vulnerabilities.
- Developing and maintaining a good level of knowledge of the relevant customer base and target market vulnerabilities.
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Someone who is customer centric and passionate about customer experience and protecting our vulnerable customers.
- Someone who is self-motivated; you’ll have the desire to take the initiative and identify opportunities to enhance our vulnerable customer approach.
- Someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills with key ability to interact professionally and empathically with customers.
- Someone with experience of working in a conduct role in a financial regulated environment.
- You’ll be pragmatic in your approach to supporting customers.
- You’ll be resilient and capable of thriving during periods of change.
- You’ll be a diligent individual who is committed to continual assessment and improvement.
- You’ll have knowledge of FCA regulatory requirements including consumer vulnerability guidance.
- You’ll possess strong computer literacy including working experience on Microsoft Office.
- Someone who has demonstrable evidence of engaging/supporting vulnerability either in a work or personal environment.
- You’ll be able to show any other qualifications that enable the ability to effectively support vulnerable customers.
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.