Tandem is the bank that makes the world a better place. We empower our customers to do the right thing for themselves and for the planet.
As the world adjusts to find its “new normal” we believe that people are taking a fresh look at how they use money. They want to build healthy habits that are good for their future and to use their spending power to enable a more sustainable world.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
Reporting to the Banking Operations Team Lead, the Banking Operations Specialist will be required to work daily tasks and cases promptly keeping errors and mistakes to a minimal. You will also support the Customer Service Team with fulfilling tasks and queries as they come through. You will have a hands-on understanding of back-office banking administration tasks, with a passion for championing our customers and consistently look for ways to improve customer outcomes.
You will work closely with the Banking Operations Team Lead and with your colleagues to ensure the smooth operation and management of daily tasks.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
You will work closely with the Manager and with your colleagues to ensure the smooth operation and management of daily tasks. You will also be required to support the development of processes, procedures and control frameworks to build an efficient, effective and compliant operation.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Be part of a growing back office team in day to day operations
- Support your colleagues in Customer Service when required
- Speak to 3rd parties to resolve external issues
- Define key back office processes and document procedures to ensure processes are updated accordingly
- Manage KPIs, and ensure the team deliver against targets
- Proactively act on feedback to help to build a better bank for our customers
- Solving problems and troubleshooting issues on behalf of the customer
- Manage daily workflows and ensure that customer fulfilment is completed within the agreed SLA
- Ensure Savings and maturities serviced accurately and are actioned on time
- Payments are accurately actioned within SLA
- Log complaints and assist the Complaints team in resolving complaints raised
- Be accountable for your own development
- Ensure that you comply with internal controls and external regulations
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Knowledge of Savings products and the FSCS
- Customer Care – Deceased customers/Power of Attorney/Vulnerable customers
- Having the ability to work towards targets and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong numerical/reconciliation skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Having a proven ability to adapt to a fast paced and continually changing environment
- Salesforce knowledge
- GDPR guidelines
- Knowledge of Payments processing
- General inbound mail
- Basic knowledge of complaints
- Experience in working with workflow / task management tools
Qualities we look for:
- Being proactive in meeting our customer’s needs and expectations
- Being motivated by resolving issues and completing tasks
- Being flexible and enthusiastic
- A collaborative working style.
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on customer delivery.
- Attention to detail
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.