Tandem is the bank that makes the world a better place. We empower our customers to do the right thing for themselves and for the planet.
As the world adjusts to find its “new normal” we believe that people are taking a fresh look at how they use money. They want to build healthy habits that are good for their future and to use their spending power to enable a more sustainable world.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
We’re building an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Complaints Specialist to jump on board.
Reporting to the Complaints Team Lead, the Complaints Specialist will be responsible for investigating our customer’s complaints and providing a fair and timely resolution to their concerns.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
The Complaints team sits within the Customer Service department and reports to the Service Delivery and Operations Manager.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Taking ownership of investigating and resolving customer complaints, from the moment they are raised up to their conclusion.
- Ensuring that all regulatory obligations are met, and that excellent customer service is provided while the complaint is under investigation.
- Thoroughly investigating all customer complaint issues and working effectively with other areas of the business to both gather information and deliver feedback where areas for improvement have been identified.
- Delivering fair and well-reasoned responses to our customers, making sure that your response is clear and understood.
- Ensuring that the complaints record is correctly updated and assisting with root cause analysis to help drive continuous improvement for our customers.
- Supporting our front-line customer service team to ensure that customer issues are resolved at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Providing further assistance to the rest of the Complaints Team where needed and looking out for opportunities to develop and improve the service we provide our customers wherever possible.
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- A proven background of handling and resolving complaints within a financial services environment – preferably within a bank.
- A solid understanding of the complaints handling guidelines and FCA DISP rules.
- Highly customer-centric with a passion to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrable ability to take a complex situation and arrive at a simple, fair resolution.
- Confident decision maker and comfortable arriving at taking ownership of their own investigations and outcomes.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, good grammar, and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to empathise with the customer’s situation both when investigating a complaint and considering any required remediation.
- Effective time management and an ability to manage their own workload to ensure that all commitments are met in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both on their own and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication both with our customers and other areas of the business.
- Comfortable using a PC with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- A strong understanding of the key regulatory standards that apply to Tandem, such as The FCA Handbook (COBS/BCOBS), the Treating Customers Fairly principles and GDPR.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify trends and contributing to Root Cause Analysis and ongoing business improvement.
- Experience dealing with the Financial Ombudsman Service and liaising with them to achieve positive customer outcomes.
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.