We are an established challenger bank growing at a really exciting time in the fintech space. Tandem is on a mission to become ‘The Good Green Bank’. We’re committed to helping our customers reduce their carbon footprint, save money and build a more sustainable future for our planet.
Reporting to the Principal Front-End Engineer, the Mid Front-End Engineer will join a highly skilled development team, building and delivering a cutting-edge fintech app.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
We believe the best work gets done when you have great people working together. That’s why we have assembled an amazing cross functional team to build out our platform.
Using an Agile approach, they work in mission-based teams with Product Managers, Designers and Data Scientists to create a great customer experience.
Our technology stack:
We operate on an AWS cloud microservice API infrastructure, comprising containerized and serverless components, including GraphQL backend-for-frontend, which drive various front ends via React Native, iOS, Android and web platforms.
Apart from core development technologies, we utilize a variety of tooling that help us maintain the high quality of our app. Our CI/CD process is fully automated in the cloud and makes deployment easy, flexible and in the hands of the developer.
But the most important aspect of our Engineering team is our approach to utilising technology through constant, ongoing test and learn methodology. We continuously explore and apply new principles to our vision of development making us open to new initiatives that can bring value to our app and customers.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Playing a key role working on customer-facing features across our mobile and web apps
- Contributing to our modern TypeScript/React/React-Native/GraphQL front ends
- Contributing to our serverless Node.js/GraphQL backend for frontend API
- Partaking in mission-based cross-functional workstreams, in an Agile process that spans across all areas of the business, banking and finance disciplines included
- Putting the customer at the centre of all decision-making, working closely with the Product team in an iterative process based on user testing and learning cycles
- Contributing to our component library
- Writing well tested code (unit, integration, Pact, automation)
- Participating in peer discussions on best practices and tools
- You’ll also gain exposure to Android and iOS development via React-Native
What we're looking for:
We are looking for great Engineers who have a breadth of experience across industries, platforms and languages. The following are Front-End technologies and skills that are valuable to us at the moment, but a wider skillset will be an advantage:
- Development for a variety of devices
- Single page application/mobile development
- Unit/integration/functional testing practices
- Build tools
- RESTful APIs
- Understanding design patterns, SOLID & clean code principles
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.