We believe that people deserve better from banks. Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its ways so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more. Tandem is an app-based bank that helps people shape their money more effectively around their lives.
We’ve built an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Senior Product Manager to join us.
Understanding consumers’ financial needs and challenges extremely well, the Senior Product Manager designs and delivers products to deliver on Tandem’s promise to help consumers improve their financial lives.
Leading cross functional teams and pulling together our ongoing product road map, you will balance the strategic with the practical - helping develop the plan but vitally, delivering it too.
The role reports into the Head of Product and works with partners across many functional areas to deliver the product propositions across the customer life-cycle.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the end to end product lifecycle from working with the Head of Product on overall product strategy and roadmap, through to customer development discovery techniques and delivering that product in code through an agile development process
- Cross-functional working with stakeholders, designers and developers to create compelling and competitive product features that align with Tandem’s overall mission to help consumers save money
- Deeply understand the needs of Tandem customers through qualitative and quantitative user research and testing; define and frame those needs for the teams; translate these into product definitions and prioritised backlogs
- Create high quality user stories and acceptance criteria, A/B test, prototype, and define product rollout
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally. Demonstrate the latest iteration of the product, key results, and customer feedback to the business and senior stakeholders
- Define, monitor and analyse key product metrics for existing and upcoming features, feeding learnings back into the product development process
- Ensure that the app meets regulatory requirements and delivers against Tandem’s stated customer outcomes
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- 6+ years product management experience, developing consumer facing digital products and leading cross-functional teams within an agile environment
- Previous high-growth startup experience
- Experience of launching multiple successful products and features, leading cross-functional teams to achieve this
- A customer obsessive, who understands and values the role of UX and design in product success
- Excellent communication skills and ability to gather feedback from stakeholders and communicate effectively with technical team
- Ability to effectively prioritise an ever-changing backlog by balancing and championing both business, customer and technology needs
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- Has an understanding of the technical architecture of complex mobile and web applications
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills, deriving insights and driving actions from data and metrics
- Working knowledge of tools such as Jira, Mixpanel, GA, etc
Qualities we look for:
- Highly customer-centric with a passion to deliver a best-in-class customer experience
- Passion for digital products and user design, with a high attention to detail
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-starter with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy. Thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Can take high-level themes and scope solutions into their smallest coherent state (minimal desirable product)
- Use quant and qual data and testing to assess develop the road map and assess the effectiveness of improvements
- Constantly evaluate if the delivered solutions have solved the customer problems. Willing to question assumptions on a regular basis, and adjust course based on customer and usage feedback
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking. Able to switch between thinking creatively and analytically
- Ability to encourage followership, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal. People love working with you
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- Highly analytical and data-minded. Knows every step of the product funnel, and can design, run, and interpret experiments to optimise each step
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on customer delivery
- Live and breathe the Tandem values in delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.