We believe people deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers!
Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
As a Analytics Engineer (Graduate), reporting into the Principle Data Engineer, you will be helping to build our AI platform which will touch all areas of the business and give us the best customer propositions of any bank. We are building a bank that will solve customer problems through utilising data and intelligent insights. Our data organisation is driven to be the best and this role is suitable for a hardworking and ambitious Analytics Engineer (Graduate) who wants to get to the next level.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
At Tandem we are looking for a Analytics Engineer to help us build the “Good Bank”. You will be helping to build our AI platform which will touch all areas of the business and give us the best customer propositions of any bank.
We are building a bank that will solve customer problems through utilising data and intelligent insights. Our data organisation is driven to be the best and this role is suitable for a hardworking and ambitious graduate level data engineer who is looking for a career in data and analytics.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Building new features that make up part of our new AI platform for managing data, running computational workloads, and serving
- Enhancing the data lake by building new pipelines and improving the way we track metadata
- Partnering with data analysts, data scientists, product and other engineers to solve ad-hoc and planned data problems
- Ensuring our systems run reliably, securely and efficiently
- Designing and building API services that interact with the Tandem mobile app
- Supporting data analysts and data scientists on to how best to leverage existing datasets
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- You are passionate and have a desire to specialise in data engineering.
- You are keen to learn new technologies and improve your skillset.
- You have a very strong work ethic and focus on delivery.
- You have determination, high energy levels and want to make a positive impact.
- You have a commitment to continuous personal development
- Experience with multiple programming languages.
- Familiarity with other technologies in the AWS ecosystem.
- Passionate about technology and building technology systems
- Passionate about Artificial Intelligence
- Excited to work in a startup environment
- 2.1 degree or above
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Our technology stack:
Our aim is to pick the best open source, modern technologies to help solve our data problems. On top of these foundations, we develop a platform that does exactly what we need, and we can be proud of. These are some of the technologies we make use of:
- Python for data processing, creating APIs, tool building, business logic implementation.
- Docker for containerised service development and deployment.
- Spark for distributed transformation of datasets and ML model training.
- Atlas for metadata management and discovery.
- Hive management for efficient querying of the data lake.
- Elasticsearch for search indexing
- Airflow for workflow orchestration.
- Jenkins for CI/CD pipelines, and other DevOps practices.
- CUDA for ML performance
- AWS for hosting and running all our infrastructure, including:
- CloudFormation for configuring infrastructure as a code.
- EMR for cluster management.
- ECS for running container-based workloads in a scalable manner.
- Lambda for building serverless applications.
- Kinesis for event-based communication.
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.