We believe people deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers!
Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
We’re building an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Customer Service Training Manager to jump on board.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the Head of Procurement will be responsible for driving the sourcing strategy and owning and driving the Supplier Management Framework for Tandem.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
The role will include the ownership of the procurement, outsourcing and supplier management processes, including commercial negotiations of new contractual and commercial relationships. The role requires excellent procurement capabilities, commercial leadership, negotiating skills and strong supplier management experience.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Establish best practice governance and processes across all procurement, contract management and supplier management activity; with a clear aim of delivering value and reducing risk across Tandem Bank
- Interpreting any Regulatory requirements for supplier risk management, reviewing and challenging existing practises. Look to design and implement a rigorous operating model for the ongoing supplier management
- Managing and optimising a sourcing strategy for the organisation
- Defining the sourcing and outsourcing processes for the organisation
- In partnership with business functions, running appropriate supplier selection processes to select the best products and services for Tandem across all spend categories
- Negotiating contracts with third parties
- Responsible for the Service Ownership model where the business owns the 3rd party supplier relationships under the guidance and control of Supplier Management policy
- Supporting internal Service Owners with supplier disputes & performance issues
- Working with internal Service Owners to on-board suppliers
- Working with internal Service Owners to ensure that services are being delivered in line with contractual obligations and resolve any relationships where there are significant issues
- Periodic cost reviews to determine if contracts remain value for money
- Actively promote the benefits of the procurement capability, ensuring the best use of procurement practice for all third-party engagements & responsible for disseminating Procurement processes and policies internal
- Develop and implement an appropriate supplier risk assessment framework to ensure ongoing risk assessment is handled in the appropriate time frame based on third party risk tier and support internal Service Owners to deliver on-going supplier risk management processes
- In conjunction with compliance, legal & finance, look to mitigate risks to the business by keeping abreast of legal and regulatory changes to ensure no supplier failures occur
- Ensure all policy and legal requirements are adhered to by operating within an agreed compliant framework, specifically PRA (SYSC8) and EBA guidelines
- Develop a risk based approach to supplier selection & management for all business functions
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Significant experience of managing selection processes within a financial services environment for material outsourced activities
- Specific experience in managing technology procurement
- Specific experience of negotiating, establishing and managing material outsourcing in line with regulatory standards
- Experience in negotiating contracts & confidence in legal drafting
- Experience in building strong supplier risk frameworks
- Experience in building strong relationships with third parties
- Strong stakeholder management & influencing skill
Qualities we look for:
- Highly customer-centric with a passion to deliver a best-in-class customer experience
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- Builds strong business relationships and acts as trusted advisor to the business on supplier
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Ability to encourage, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style.
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on customer delivery.
- Live and breathe the Tandem values in every aspect of delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.