People deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers. Our purpose is to change an industry set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more. This is your opportunity to be a part of this digital banking revolution
We’re looking for a customer-centric and purpose-driven Mid-Level/Senior iOS Engineer to jump on board. You will have the chance to join a highly skilled mobile development team, building and delivering a cutting-edge fintech app. No two days will be the same and you’ll always have challenges to solve.
The ideal candidate will be an iOS (Swift) developer with a good engineering background, someone familiar with agile delivery and comfortable working as part of a cross functional team. Code quality and ways to improve the project quality should be one of the main concerns.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
We believe the best work gets done when you have great people working together. That’s why we have assembled a kick ass, cross functional team to build out our platform. Our highly-skilled team is made up of iOS, Android and Full-Stack engineers, alongside our server engineering and testing squad. Using an agile approach, they work closely with our platform-based (Mobile/Web) Product Managers and Design team to create a user-focused customer experience.
What you will be working on:
Our app was built using Swift. We encourage innovation and ensure our users experience the app using only the latest iterations of the programming language.
Our server technology is running on .Net and we deploy our solutions on various cloud services.
Apart from core development and deployment technologies, we apply variety of tools that help us maintain the high quality of our app such as New Relic, Firebase and SwiftLint. Our CI/CD process is fully automated in the cloud and makes deployment easy and flexible.
But the most important aspect of our engineering team is our approach to utilising technology through constant, ongoing test and learn methodology. We continuously explore and apply new principles to our vision of development making us open to new initiatives that can bring value to our app and customers. Buzzwords like React, React Native, PACT, GraphQL are only a few of many that take place in our daily work and discussions.
What we are looking for:
- Experience developing iOS applications using Swift, including Swift memory management
- Understanding of design patterns, SOLID & clean code principles
- Experience of the software engineering lifecycle, including design and architecture
- Desire to work in an agile development using practices like pairing, continuous integration, test driven development, code reviews, automation testing
- Keen to stay up to date with the latest developments in Swift, iOS and software developments
- Some experience in writing unit tests and doing TDD
- Experience in Financial Services or Retail Banking/Fintech environment
- Has an understanding and awareness about other platforms and technologies apart from iOS
- Mobile application performance analysis and tuning experience
- Understanding of pre-ARC memory management
Qualities we look for:
- Deliver customer features using the best tools and practices
- Implement test automation, which is key for us and we strive to keep our test coverage as high as possible
- Apply agile practices such as pair programming, continuous integration, TDD & BDD to deliver a high quality, robust application in short iterations
- Deliver rich customer features to enable a world-class banking service experience
- Continue to put the customer at the centre of all decision-making
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.