We believe that people deserve better from banks. Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its ways so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more. Tandem is an app-based bank that helps people shape their money more effectively around their lives.
We’ve built an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Product Manager to join us.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Manager will be responsible for working with engineers, architects and banking experts to build the core services that drive our bank. This role would be best suited to a product manager with some technical experience.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
What you will be working on:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a product vision and roadmap for core services that support Tandem's consumer facing digital banking platform
- Engage a wide group of technical and business stakeholders to understand their needs and pain points
- Define features, set priorities, and deliver value to our customers
- Work with Engineers to scope out solutions to problems and break those down into clearly deliverable increments that allow the fast release of value to customers
- Work with the scrum master and technical lead on the team to continuously improve the teams' ways of working, driving out waste, technical debt, manage dependencies and any other blockers or impediments that could hinder productivity
- Be part of the wider product management community at Tandem participating in roadmap planning to ensure the highest value features are being delivered to our customers
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Leading cross-functional teams and platform centric teams
- Using agile processes in product development
- Understanding how mobile apps, APIs, platform and infrastructure interact and how they support business use cases
- Working with engineers to scope and break down roadmap objectives into thin slices of deliverable value.
- Ensuring work is prioritised appropriately to maximise business and customer impact.
- Helping the team execute on a prioritised backlog
- Proactively communicating development progress, obstacles and constraints
Qualities we look for:
These are the most important values we are looking for. Happy, engaged teams are highly effective and are fun to be a part of. Banking experience is NOT required, diverse backgrounds are important to us.
- Big picture thinker: Banking involves a wide variety of challenges. We need people who can discuss, design and build systems that tackle complex domains.
- Team player: We have cross functional teams working closely together and need people who value collaboration and communication.
- Proactive: Despite the banking license we are a start-up and we need people who step up and get involved.
- Adaptive: We value people who have strong opinions, weakly held. We work in a rapidly shifting industry both in terms of regulation and technology and we are all on a learning journey.
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.