The chance to work in one of our cross functional development teams to help guide its growth, refine its processes and support the team so it can reach its full potential.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Scrum Master, with great communication and facilitation skills, a curious mind and a kind disposition. They will also have experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team applying agile principles, practices, and theory
You will be working across the whole company to promote efficient delivery and embed agile working across the business.
You will work alongside our Scrum Masters to promote agile working practices across the business and to organise quarterly planning events though which the company clarifies objectives and gives the organisation focus on product development.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Challenging the team to continually improve by coaching them in agile practices, helping to support their growth and development as an agile team
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency
- Experience with widely successful agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience with multiple forms of agile delivery, including Scrum and Kanban
- Working with the Product Manager with respect to managing and refining the product backlog
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- In depth knowledge of a range of Agile and Learn tools and techniques and the ability to coach others on these
- Establish feedback loops for teams to estimate, deliver and measure value
- Constant experimentation so that working practices are iterated to achieve an accelerated delivery cadence
- Advocate and communicate what teams do through metrics and narrative to create trust and authenticity
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations and facilitate discussions around risks and complexity
- Solve issues and unblock problems
- Drive teams and set the pace, ensuring teams achieve flow to deliver their forecasts
- Take a continuous approach to planning, forecasting, estimating, managing uncertainty, metrics and measurements and road mapping
- Communicate the plan, planning assumptions and progress to a range of stakeholders
- Ensures the health of the team and can facilitate conflict resolution, accelerating team performance
- Create an open and collaborative environment to work in, be flexible, adaptable and have a willingness to learn
- Recognise how people best work together, facilitating the best team makeup depending on the situation
- Managing complex cross team projects where required and set up mechanisms to identify and resolve dependencies
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.