The role of Developer in Test will build and maintain our test automation framework, as well as supporting continuous delivery and enabling our engineering teams to maintain optimum efficiency.
As Tandem’s Developer in Test, you will design solutions that address both team and business requirements, and deliver automation tools that are both highly functional and easy to use.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and building automation framework components that enable low friction test implementation across Web, Mobile and API channels
- Language agnostic enough to be well rounded and adapt to the ever changing world of development paradigms/approaches
- Preferably coding framework components in C#, such as support libraries, fixtures, mocks, command line tools, execution orchestration and dashboards
- Implementing, integrating and configuring best-of-breed open source tools such as Specflow, Selenium WebDriver and Appium
- Coaching sprint-based engineers in good test design/ development and in usage of the automation framework
- Co-coordinating the test lifecycle with release automation processes and continuous delivery pipelines
- Advocating and advising on BDD process adoption and refinement, including effective definition of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Maintaining relevant results/ metrics reporting, which will drive continuous improvement
- Defining and documenting test code standards and conventions
- Testing code review
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Have commercial experience working as a Developer in Test, in a position that involved the design and development of automation frameworks that support test development across at least two of the following channels: Web, Mobile, API
- Strong commercial exposure programming in common programming language(s), including C#
- Experience with all of the following testing tools: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Specflow
- TDD/ BDD experience
- Testing within a mature agile and continuous delivery environment
- Functional and non-functional test strategy and implementation
- Cloud-based and API-centric software architectures
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Ability to encourage follower-ship, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.