We believe people deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers!
Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
We’re building an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Credit & Financial Risk Oversight Manager to jump on board.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer the Credit & Financial Risk Oversight Manager will be responsible overseeing:
- Impairment, planning, & stress testing processes,
- Liquidity and capital management practices,
- Design and management of analytical models such as scorecards & NPV / risk-reward models,
- Design & implementation of credit risk strategies
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
The 2nd line Risk team is responsible for the oversight of all the risk types across the bank. It is responsible for building the risk framework, providing oversight and keeping the management and the Board informed about the risk profile of the bank. The 2nd line Risk works very closely with the commercial, finance and credit risk teams to ensure that the products and propositions built by Tandem meet the expectations of our customers, colleagues and regulators.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Build and maintain an analytically sound risk appetite framework
- Oversee liquidity and capital risks management processes and develop oversight disciplines to ensure that the risks remain within appetite
- Oversee the development and maintenance of credit risk models and strategies through the customer life cycle
- Oversee the build and maintenance of analytical models across the business and ensure that they are governed well and remain fit-for-purpose through their lifetime
- Oversee the build of impairment models and the monthly impairment process
- Produce analytical reports to monitor risk performance
- Champion the use of analytics within the 2nd line risk team
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Strong technical / analytical skills – candidate should be highly numerate
- Strong understanding of capital and liquidity management in a banking environment
- Experience with NPV / risk-reward models for credit products
- Prior exposure to credit risk management in a retail lending environment
- Strong familiarity or hands-on experience with impairment modelling and management concepts
- Experience of working with statistical models e.g. logistic regression, decision trees, survival analysis, would be ideal
- Prior programming experience, preferably in Python or SQL
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.