We believe people deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers!
Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
We’re building an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Data Scientist to jump on board.
As a Data Scientist, reporting into the Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for assisting with the design and build of Tandem’s AI framework, which will enable the business to quickly identify customer insights and add customer benefit. You will actively champion data and cutting-edge machine learning related methodologies across the organisation. You will responsible for the development of models and machine learning algorithms across various areas of the business to fuel Tandem’s competitive advantage.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
You will be part of the Tandem’s Data Science team within Tandem’s Data organisation. The Data organisation consists of Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Governance experts and Data Engineers along with credit risk and fraud specialists. We all work together along with stakeholders to deliver customer and business value.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Help build Tandem’s AI framework with the goal of creating customer insights quickly and efficiently to gain a competitive advantage and deliver on Tandem’s promise to help consumers get more out of their money in a frictionless manner
- Develop requirements and standards for feature engineering, feature and model quality assurance and model monitoring
- Develop best-in-class models and machine learning algorithms to support Tandem’s service offerings including, but not limited to, algorithms for risk management, marketing optimisation and customer engagement
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Masters (or higher) qualification in Mathematics, Statistics or Physics
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of machine learning
- Programming experience
- Python programming
- Knowledge of model governance
- Distributing computing technologies such as Spark
- Experience with open source technologies
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up company
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.