People deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers! We’re really about making a difference. Our purpose is to change an industry set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
We have built an amazing team in central London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Head of Insights to jump on board. You will join a small team who are in the process of building a bank and will therefore need to be ready to immerse yourself into the fast-paced nature of a start-up.
As Head of Insights you will be accountable for delivering insights to all our company’s stakeholders. Your work will be done in a disruptive Artificial Intelligence framework therefore the insights you will deliver will have clear measurable results that are expected to increase customers benefit and business results.
To support your success in this role, you will report into the Chief Data Officer and work alongside our Data leaders, the Head of Data Products, Head of Data Science and Head of Data Engineering. In addition, you will have five Data Analysts reporting to you. Each of the analysts is an expert in a business field and they take a collaborative approach to continually build and improve Tandem’s AI framework.
As the insights leader you will be expected to have a strong relationship with all business stakeholders, deeply understand their challenges and be committed to their success. You will recognise and understand the challenges and work with your team of Data Analysts in defining the problems, designing the proper solutions, crunch the data and deliver end to end operational solutions.
As part of a fast paced tech start-up, you will be expected to have hands on experience with big data open source technologies. You are expected to be an active member of the AI community and bring cutting edge tools into this fast-growing environment, and support the team in code reviews and technical challenges.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
Building products and services that solve financial problems is at the heart of what we do. You will work to deliver insights to all stakeholders that will inform product decisions that will result in the build of content and features that will create a personalised and intelligent experience for our customers.
The insights will bring value to all our teams, here are examples of areas that will need to be served. Sales and marketing processes (owned and paid) product personalisation (including pricing and credit underwriting), operations (including service channels, fraud and AML), financial analytics and more.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the team with challenges on the AI journey
- Mentor, instruct and review the Data Analysts’ work in a business-oriented Insights team whilst enhancing the cutting-edge technical tools the team use
- Review, research and introduce new tools, practices and methodologies from the community of big data open source technologies
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Data and Business Intelligence expert
- Strong relationship management skills
- An entrepreneurial and “can do” approach
- Big data and AI technologies experience
- Industrial Management Engineering degree or relevant experience
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up company
What do you get from Tandem?
- Gain experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, purpose-driven organisation.
- The opportunity to work in a supportive environment that encourages learning and improvement.
- The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Working in a small team, with experienced professionals means you get a lot of responsibility and lots of opportunities to learn and develop
- Be part of a team that delivers a real AI framework which drives benefit for millions of people
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.