We believe people deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers!
Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
We’re building an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Customer Service Training Manager to jump on board.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Service, you’ll be responsible for devising and implementing the learning and development strategies, policies, processes and programmes for our customer-facing teams, helping them deliver exceptional experiences for our customers.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
The Customer Service Training Manager will work in partnership with our in-house Customer Service, Banking Operations and Complaints teams, as well as the teams working for our outsource partner.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to identify current and future learning and development-related requirements
- You’ll get a clear picture of the training needs by generating insights from customer feedback, side-by-side shadowing, coaching, and quality checking of Agents, to help you create tailored training content Excellent knowledge of learning techniques and learning styles
- A strong understanding of the 70:20:10 learning model
- Excellent knowledge of the training cycle
- Ensure continuous development of training to meet business needs
- Ensure that Tandem’s learning proposition is robust, and strategically aligned to the needs of the business, using a blend of methodologies including online training, social learning, remote delivery, classroom and on-the-job learning, as appropriate
- Evaluate all learning and development interventions and report against predetermined KPIs.
- Provide ongoing coaching, training and development for our team leaders
- Continuously monitor stakeholder and participant satisfaction
- Validate learning materials prior to the implementation of programmes to ensure that learning objectives will be met
- Develop, progress and champion Tandem’s learning communities, creating learning mechanisms that empower everyone to share their own learning and experiences
- Work closely with the People Team to support Tandem’s wider learning agenda.
- This role will require some occasional travel to our outsource partner in Edinburgh
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- You will be passionate about people and have a strong belief in an individual’s potential
- Naturally empathetic with a high level of emotional intelligence, skilled at knowing how to adjust your teaching style to suit the needs of your audience
- Comprehensive understanding of how learning and development strategies can support Tandem’s objective
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Instructional design skills and experience
- Proven track record in developing leading-edge learning and development practices
- Excellent people leadership capability with high emotional intelligence; track record in networking and influencing
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholder populations through effective communication and engagement of ideas and proposals, with strong stakeholder orientation
- Familiarity with the design and implementation of competency frameworks/models and fully conversant in how they can be used to support learning and career development
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.