Product Development Co-Founder
We are seeking a driven Product Manager to join the founding leadership team of one of TandemLaunch’s deep tech portfolio companies. You will play a central role in building a profitable start-up by leveraging your product ideation skills and market expertise.
TandemLaunch is a unique Canadian start-up foundry. We create cutting-edge technology companies based on research taken straight from major university labs. We focus on commercializing innovations in consumer electronics, hardware-enabled technologies, machine learning, and embedded systems.
What we offer
- $600-800K in seed funding
- A competitive compensation package: a fixed salary, a significant equity stake in your start-up, group health insurance, and generous vacations
- Access to investor networks
- All -you-can-imagine support, i.e., financial advising, work visa sponsorship, business mentorship, industry connections, and academic advising
What you’ll do
- Own the development of the product vision and work with key stakeholders to build a successful product strategy
- Identify and convert key leads to pilot your MVP to validate your product strategy
- Drive business development efforts to build your customer funnel and gain traction
- Translate customer needs into product stories and prioritize amongst them
- Lead and participate in sprint planning, backlog refinement, and other agile ceremonies
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team
What we’re looking for
- MSc in engineering, physics, microbiology, software development, or a related technical discipline
- 2yrs+ industry experience in product management or business development roles in startups
- Proactive team player with leadership aspirations and hustle
- Strong communication skills to be able to translate key features into salient benefits for technical and non-technical audiences
TandemLaunch is committed to building a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. We welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will contribute to the enrichment of ideas and perspectives.