Founded in 2010, TandemLaunch is a unique Canadian start-up foundry and venture capital fund which provides a proven platform for proliferating deep-tech innovations. Over the years, our ecosystem has demonstrated an unprecedented level of success at commercializing novel, exclusively-licensed academic research from leading universities across the globe.
Ultimately, the key to our portfolio’s prosperity can be directly attributed to the founding individuals who are at the heart of each venture; their relentless passion for technological innovation, vigor to overcome challenges, and deep collaborative skills are some of the core characteristics that drive their success and career achievements alongside our mission for creating an everlasting positive impact on the world.
As a technical domain expert in computer engineering, you will be:
- Kickstarting your entrepreneurial journey by aligning yourself to innovations/patents that have been sourced directly from world-class research institutions.
- Working alongside our core-team, executives, and investors in order to conduct the necessary due-diligence prior to igniting your venture.
- Building and leading the technical development team of your venture, towards achieving a minimum viable product in 18-24 months.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team to validate your product's core functions.
What we offer:
- $600-800K in pre-seed funding
- A founding equity stake in your start-up
- A bi-weekly stipend with group health insurance
- Access to our investor networks
- Office space for you and your team within our energetic ecosystem
What we're looking for:
- Masters/PhD in Computer Engineering/Software Engineering with research/publication history
- Passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology
- Experience with software development, including real-time operating systems and communication protocols.
- Proficiency in applying ML techniques, developing GAN models, implementing NLP algorithms, or working with computer vision technologies.
- Strong understanding of deep learning frameworks and libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Experience in developing and deploying ML models in real-world applications.
- Knowledge of data preprocessing, feature engineering, and model evaluation techniques.
- Familiarity with relevant ML datasets and benchmarks.
- Strong programming skills in languages like Python, Java, or C++.
- Self-motivated and proactive personality with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proactive team player with leadership aspirations and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
TandemLaunch is committed to building a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. We welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will contribute to the enrichment of ideas and perspectives.