Acoustics Engineer | Co-Founder of a Deep-Tech Startup
We are looking for an Acoustics Engineer to join the founding team of one of TandemLaunch's deep tech portfolio companies.
TandemLaunch is a unique Canadian start-up foundry. We create cutting-edge technology companies based on research taken straight from major university labs. We focus on commercializing innovations in consumer electronics, hardware-enabled technologies, and artificial intelligence. As a Co-Founder, you will be the heart of our start-up foundry and the innovative drive behind our success.
About the venture
We are developing a venture that uses everyday surfaces to scan fingerprints. The technology eliminates the need for specialized fingerprint hardware and provides security against spoofing attacks.
What you’ll get to do
- Develop a profitable start-up by leveraging your research skills and technical expertise
- Work with cutting-edge technologies from world class laboratories in the deep-tech sector
- Identify patentable intellectual property and execute technical due diligence to create your startup’s patent portfolio
- Design and implement a technological roadmap to develop a minimum viable product in 18-24 months
- Provide scientific leadership and guidance to your team to validate your product’s core functions
What we offer
- $600-800K in pre-seed funding
- A competitive compensation package including a fixed salary, an equity stake in your start-up, group health insurance, and generous vacations
- Access to investor networks
What we’re looking for
- PhD in mechanical engineering, acoustics, or a related technical discipline
- Applied experience in machine learning and data science
- Proactive team player with leadership aspirations and hustle
- Strong communication skills to translate key features into salient benefits for technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and proactive personality with an entrepreneurial spirit
TandemLaunch is committed to building a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. We welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will contribute to the enrichment of ideas and perspectives.