TandemLaunch is an established startup foundry that is launching a new company. We are seeking an experienced software developer with applied research experience in natural language processing, to join as a co-founder.
About the venture
TandemLaunch is working on a venture that addresses the challenge of identifying key information from social media from accounts belonging to individuals generating personalized content and captures information that might otherwise be missed, allowing users to understand key events, disasters, news, etc. from those experiencing it first while being able to obtain a complete picture of key events from the ground up.
TandemLaunch is a unique Canadian start-up foundry. We create cutting-edge technology companies based on research taken straight from major university labs. We focus on commercializing innovations in consumer electronics, hardware-enabled technologies, and artificial intelligence. As a Co-Founder, you will be the heart of our start-up foundry and the innovative drive behind our success.
What you’ll get to do
- Develop a profitable start-up by leveraging your research skills and technical expertise
- Work with cutting-edge technologies from world class laboratories in the deep-tech sector
- Identify patentable intellectual property and execute technical due diligence to create your startup’s patent portfolio
- Design and implement a technological roadmap to develop a minimum viable product in 18-24 months
- Provide scientific leadership and guidance to your team to validate your product’s core functions
What we offer
- $600-800K in pre-seed funding
- A competitive compensation package including a fixed salary, an equity stake in your start-up, group health insurance, and generous vacations
- Access to investor networks
- All -you-can-imagine support, i.e., financial advising, work visa sponsorship, business mentorship, industry connections, and academic advising
What we’re looking for
- PhD or Masters in computer science, software engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Applied research experience in NLP classification algorithms, natural language generation, or automated content creation.
- Strong proficiency in Python or C++
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and libraries
- Proactive team player with leadership aspirations and hustle
- Strong communication skills to translate key features into salient benefits for technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and proactive personality with an entrepreneurial spirit
TandemLaunch is committed to building a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. We welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will contribute to the enrichment of ideas and perspectives.