TandemLaunch is a unique Canadian start-up foundry. We create cutting-edge technology companies based on research taken straight from major university labs. We focus on commercializing innovations in consumer electronics, hardware-enabled technologies, machine learning, and embedded systems, and operate all portfolio companies on-site in our Montréal, Canada workspace. We nucleate start-up companies around technologies that cover a breadth of disciplines. We look for individuals who have in-depth expertise (Masters/PhD’s) in some of the following fields, but are not limited to:
Machine learning, optical physics, embedded systems, computer vision, nanoscale materials, neuroengineering, wireless communications, aerospace/UAVs, biometrics, energy harvesting, small-scale robotics, AR/VR hardware, and innovative digital signal processing.
What you’ll do
- Work with our team to identify novel university inventions to bring to market
- Become a co-founder (Entrepreneur-in-Residence) of a start-up that TandemLaunch will fund with $600K
- Assemble a team and build a prototype of your product/service
- Lead the start-up with the goal of graduating from the program within 18-24 months
Who you are:
- Strong desire to create a disruptive technology startup
- PhD (or MSc with relevant industry experience) in one or more of our fields of interest
- Exceptional BA/BS graduates/engineers with significant industry experience will be considered
- Technical creativity & ingenuity, a high tolerance for ambiguity, great communication and strong project planning & people leadership skills
Why build your company with us?
There are many incubators and accelerators out there, so why build a company with TandemLaunch? Our companies raise an average of $2.5M dollars of financing only 18 months after joining TandemLaunch. We offer venture growth and acceleration at unprecedented speed because:
- The Startups we create have a 85% success rate of raising their Series Seed venture capital round after 18 months in our incubator program - we do everything we can to make our companies succeed;
- We provide frequent, daily, personalized mentoring from our executives, as well as coaching and hands-on operational support;
- We provide you $600,000 in seed financing;
- We help match you with other vetted, skilled, motivated, and passionate entrepreneurs as co-founders;
- We connect you to a deep network of industry partners in consumer technology and to hundreds of universities world-wide.
- You learn from our combined experience having built 25 frontier technology companies out of inventions and IP originating from major academic centers such as Cornell, Columbia, Brown, Stanford, Stevens Institute of Technology, NASA, Brookhaven National Laboratories, KU Leuven, Rutgers, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, and others.
Location: Montreal, Canada
Job Type: Full-Time
More information: https://www.tandemlaunch.com/en/startup-program/
We receive our candidates in cohorts at certain intervals, so applications are possible all around the year!