Are you ready for a real challenge? We're looking for a Data Lead who will be part of the first team joining Tamanna.
If you're hands-on, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and driven by impact and ownership, keep reading!
Tamanna is young but growing at high speed, which means you'll take ownership of your projects, work with great autonomy, and see your ideas and initiative being encouraged. Together our cross-disciplinary teams are iterating, experimenting and revolutionising the retail industry, by building a fully fledged multi-brand marketplace for fashion & beauty. Our mission is to become the number one destination for the latest shopping trends in the Middle-East with a unique customer-focused, omnichannel shopping experience.
What you'll be doing
- Manage a team of data engineers, scientists and analysts
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the data team as well as the execution of data projects
- Manage data processe and priorities
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Interpret and analyze data problems
- Design, plan and prioritize data projects
- Work closely with peers to align priorities and provide guidance
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the data team, as well as hands-on support and project management to the data/engineering team
What we're looking for
- +5 years of experience as Senior Data Engineer or +3 as Data Lead
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative social sciences or related fields
- Vast experience in data processes and building the best data models for the business
- Solid experience in one of the following programming languages, e.g. Python, Java or Scala
- Profound understanding of new and relevant data practices
- Exceptionally communication skills (English)
- Result-oriented, creative and strategic thinker, work comfortably in a highly collaborative and fast-changing environment
- Keen eye for detail, have a constant and insatiable trust for knowledge, and have an ability to remain calm and composed in times of uncertainty and stress, inspiring peers and team members
What we're offering
- Impact, being part of the first team building Tamanna
- An open culture, where your ideas are encouraged
- Flexible working schedule and remote friendly policy
- Regular team events, meetups and tech talks
- Your birthday off, it's on us!
- Well-being partnerships suitable to your lifestyle
- Time2Give policy