Money is the #1 source of stress for Americans, and Tally is on a mission to make people less stressed and better off financially. Tally supports consumers in their financial journey and enables them to manage their credit card debt, save money on interest, and pay off their debt efficiently.
We are building a team that strives for excellence in all things and is committed to living Tally’s values of Don’t Say Nothing, Own the Outcome, and Change Shoes Often. Learn more about our values and who we are here.
We are looking for a Director of Organic Growth to join our Marketing team and lead initiatives across our content marketing, website, organic social, and SEO. You will head up our existing organic growth and social media teams – in partnership with creative, paid growth, product, and analytics teams – to ensure that Tally is efficiently growing at scale across our blog, website, Instagram, and TikTok. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, comfortable managing a growing team, and has direct experience running omni-channel organic growth strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is motivated to do great work that grows Tally’s business and helps millions of people get out of credit card debt. This individual will have a proven track record of success in people management and organic growth – and be excited to scale Tally’s growing member base.
Tally is backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins and has raised $92MM in total funding.
- Create a strategy for how Tally can leverage organic growth strategies and organic growth loops to drive positive business outcomes and member growth
- Define and lead the vision for Tally’s organic social channels with a heavy focus on TikTok and Instagram
- Manage the organic growth team to run experiments (via App Store, Play Store, Tally website, etc.) that drive scalable growth
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leaders in paid growth, analytics, product, etc. to tackle big initiatives and share learnings
- 5-8 years of experience in content marketing, organic growth marketing, and/or social media strategy
- 2+ years managing a team of two or more direct reports
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders and agencies
- Highly analytical with a strong sense of curiosity and a drive to get to the truth
- A strong understanding of how individual channels and tactics ladder up to a larger brand strategy and vision
- A solid grasp of product marketing and go-to-market strategies
- Proactive, organized, entrepreneurial problem solving with a “can-do” attitude and a test-and-learn mentality
- A clear understanding of how a brand’s presence on social media can drive business outcomes and build a community of loyal customers
In this role we value:
- Strong knowledge of what it takes to organically grow a brand via web and social media strategies (CRO, SEO, TikTok, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience analyzing performance metrics and arriving at actionable insights and recommendations
- Proven experience managing and growing teams
- Solid understand of the credit card industry and how it impacts Americans
- Great cross-functional collaborator and communicator
A message from Tally’s leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
– Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO