Money is the #1 source of stress for Americans. Tally is tackling this massive, complex issue by pioneering full-service financial automation to make it easier for people to achieve their financial goals. To start, we built the first and only fully automated debt manager to help people save money and get out of credit card debt faster. Backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins ($92MM in total funding to date), Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives.
At Tally, People Operations is the backbone of the company. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of building out our People Operations function as it is critical for driving our mission and vision forward. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key stakeholder for Tally as we define and own the financial automation category.
- Acting as an internal consultant to our leaders, you will focus on building relationships and providing resources to departments throughout the organization.
- You will be able to think strategically as well as get into the details when needed. You will be a true team player that has no problem jumping in to handle any project or task.
- You will be responsible for steering the objectives of the People team within the organization, focusing more on developing strategy rather than implementing policy.
- This role has an emphasis on helping to build out processes as it relates to learning and development, performance management, succession planning, engagement, culture, org design, recruiting and retention.
In this Role We Value:
- Communication. You're able to communicate with all levels of the company and build strong/trusting relationships. You are able to understand the needs of leadership, and must be able to convey those needs to other employees.
- Problem-solving. You will be able to identify problems in various areas of the business and provide a resolution as to how to solve it.
- Adaptability. You're flexible in handling change, juggle multiple things at once and adaptable to new ideas and situations.
- Business Acumen. You will have a strong understanding of the business functions, priorities, risk and/or opportunity.
- Project Management. You will often be in charge of projects and having strong project management skills like organization and time management will be beneficial.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in progressively responsible HR roles with at least 2 years in a HR Business Partner role.
- Mix of experience in fast-growing, technology companies and more established organizations is a plus.
- Experience partnering and influencing senior leaders to help drive their people strategy and increase business results.
- Strong analytical, project and change management skills.
- Detail-oriented but also adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with senior leaders; ability to challenge constructively and maintain a strong relationship.
- Experience working remotely with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with a high attention to detail and a collaborative nature.
- Able to independently handle changing priorities and energized by a high-paced environment.
*This role can be remote anywhere in Canada.