Money is the #1 source of stress for Americans. Tally’s mission is to make people less stressed and better off financially through full financial automation. Today, Tally is the first and only fully automated debt manager to put billions of dollars back into people’s pockets. Currently backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins ($92MM in total funding to date), Tally is helping people get out of credit card debt faster and save money, but this is just the beginning.
At Tally, our product team prides itself in being obsessed with our customers’ problems. We approach each product initiative by first deeply understanding customer pain points and then rapidly prototyping and iterating to bring innovative and delightful products to life.As part of the product team, you’ll be directly responsible for articulating an inspiring vision and the end-to-end success of new products and features that help people be less stressed and better off financially. The Financial Instruments Product Director will be responsible for identifying innovative ways to utilize financial instruments to maximize Tally’s growth and provide further benefits and savings to Tally’s members.
You’ll report directly to Tally’s VP of Product and will have a direct impact on advancing the company closer to our vision of full-service financial automation.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative consumer lending products
- Embrace the testing process: form and validate data-driven hypotheses for new and innovative ways to utilize financial instruments to maximize Tally’s growth and member experience
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research to identify product opportunities
- Partner with Marketing, Engineering, Design, and Analytics teams to collaboratively build software
In this role we value
- Passion for Tally’s mission and building products that meaningfully improve the financial lives of our customers and reduce their stress.
- 10+ years of experience as a Product Manager, including 3+ years working in the consumer lending space
- Experience growing consumer lending products to scale and have strong understanding of consumer financial products
- Ability to structure thinking and break down big, ambiguous problems into smaller, solvable challenges.
- Grittiness and resourcefulness. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle details head-on.
- Experience conducting user research to identify pain points and educate product design
- A strategic thinker who thrives when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
- Exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
A message from our leadership:"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
-Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO