Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. We've built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding and backing from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
As the Director of Engineering Operations, you’ll be responsible for the DevOps, Security Engineering, and IT teams - building out the teams and tooling to support secure, efficient, and strong development practices and deployments on our cloud-based infrastructure. This includes cost optimization, capacity planning, and incident management. You'll work closely with our product and platform engineering teams to create the strong infrastructure primitives needed so we can quickly and safely build the experiences our customers can use at scale.
Our teams are building on Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, and Grafana to provide an easy to deploy and easy to maintain infrastructure.
A Day In the Life:
- Proactively work with company leadership, team members, and product owners to create the strategy, roadmap, and key deliverables for the devops, security engineering, and IT teams.
- Drive an effective communication strategy across these teams, as it relates to responsibilities of this role, including representing your team to senior leadership.
- Build and manage a healthy and inclusive set of teams designed to deliver value with a company-wide scope of impact, where managers and engineers are empowered and supported to do their best work.
- Drive cultural growth to foster accountability, devops philosophy, and security principles across all levels of the organization.
- Stitch best of breed tools and practices together to solve business problems, embracing security and complexity challenges that may arise.
- Liaise with cloud providers, security vendors, and external workforce companies to negotiate contract terms and ensure smooth partnerships.
- Support Tally’s compliance and external due diligence programs via the development, implementation, and documentation of common controls for our products and infrastructure.
- Own the incident management process, including systems that identify and route the incidents, as well as establishing roles and responsibilities across teams.
- Drive an automate everything mindset, from CI/CD-based deployment, to security controls and alerting, to team collaboration.
- Empower the business and engineering teams to do their work fast and securely by providing them with visibility and self-service capabilities for their infrastructure.
- Work closely with product and platform engineering teams to understand deployment practices and processes and help iteratively improve the release pipeline to ensure a highly resilient deployment strategy, ideally with zero downtime.
In this role we value:
- 5+ years of people management and team leadership experience including headcount planning and developing strong, diverse, and motivated teams
- +2 years of identifying, hiring, and coaching management talent within your own organization
- Experience building and maturing security programs such as AppSec, CloudSec CorpSec, Privacy, and Fraud
- Experience in ensuring regulatory compliance and customer trust in highly regulated industries like FinTech
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills