Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. We've built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding and backing from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
Tally's Backend Engineering Team
As part of the Tally Engineering Product Services team, you’ll be working with driven and empathetic team members who believe in embracing modern architectures. We program in Scala and strive to write clean, testable code that is efficient and secure. We work with innovative technologies and cutting edge architectural patterns, such as distributed reactive systems. We work in a highly-concurrent, event-driven platform where quality and reliability matter. We value deploying rapidly but also take great care to balance quality with velocity.
Core Technologies: Scala, Microservices, Akka (Http, Streams, Cluster), Kafka, Avro, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, ELK, Datadog
- Make a strong impact and iterate quickly - we have an exciting, challenging, and fast paced product roadmap
- Scale our money transfer pipelines to handle millions of transaction events each month
- Build the next generation of reactive financial automation systems
- Comfortable designing data models and working with relational and key-value datastores
- Experience building APIs
- Have an interest in functional programming
- Can embrace reactive distributed systems
- Experience designing and deploying highly available and robust systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Able to navigate through ambiguity by turning business requirements into technical solutions
- Proactive and take ownership of your work from ideation to deployment
- Passionate about learning and constantly challenging yourself for continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
In this role we value:
- Passion for solving complex problems in consumer finance
- Professional experience with Scala or any other JVM language. Not a Scala engineer? Don't worry. We'll help you learn it.
- Experience with distributed, event-driven systems
- Empathy: be willing to place themselves in the shoes of our customers, as well as their peers
- Candidness: Being able to speak up in a constructive and respectful manner. We welcome feedback
- Ownership: we’re all in this together. Building the financial automation of the future is a challenge that requires all of us to pitch in
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."